Much like Coach Hugh Freeze's battle cry of building a program being a process, this summer has been a "process" as well.
The process of getting well, the process of getting eligible, the process of waiting on eligibility rulings, the process of evaluation.
It's all ongoing, but here are some updates to get you through until things are more concrete.
* The number one question on most fans' minds concerns the health of Quarterback Bo Wallace. Unless you've been in a Red & Blue cave for the past six months, you know Bo sat out spring training after getting his severely separated throwing (right) shoulder repaired. The "comeback" has been slow but sure, by design. The trainers and doctors in charge of Bo's rehab have been extremely careful and methodical. Bo has been throwing - pain free - for a little over a month. Each session, a little more has been added in terms of reps and velocity. As of today, it is anticipated he will be "100%" when August practice rolls around. From every perspective we can gather, this process couldn't have gone any better.
* DE C.J. Johnson broke his fibula early in spring training and had to have it repaired. You will hear "on track" several more times in this offering. C.J. is "on track" to be ready to go for August drills.
* OG Patrick Junen had two offseason surgeries - wrist and toe. He is the biggest concern of the coaches and trainers in terms of when he will come back. The anticipation is that he will the early part of August drills, but the hope is that he will be ready by the first game.
* Freshman TE Christian Morgan, who injured his knee in spring training and had to have surgery, will likely redshirt during the 2013 season. Apparently, there was some damage to the knee before he arrived at Ole Miss and the injury during spring exacerbated the situation.
* Safety Anthony Alford transferred to Ole Miss from USM in January and applied for hardship immediate eligibility with the NCAA. The appeal process is still ongoing. Most likely, a final decision will not be known until fall camp. It could come down before then, but that is the anticipation at this point.
* CB Charles Sawyer had offseason shoulder surgery. His rehab is on track and he is expected to be full go for August drills.
* WR Collins Moore dislocated both shoulders last season and had to have both surgically repaired. He rehabbed each diligently and is now back in the fold, ready for August practice. He has been cleared for contact.
* Of the 2013 signees, TE A.J. Jackson and LB Marcus Robinson appear to be the only academic casualties out of the class.
* DT Issac Gross had sports hernia surgery in January and tried to come back during spring training, but aggravated the injury. He had to sit out most of spring and then he had another procedure to remove some scar tissue in the groin area. Issac may be limited in the early part of August, but the feeling he will be ready for the first game is pretty positive. Very similar to Junen on a time frame to full recovery.
* OG Aaron Morris missed all of spring training after a shoulder operation. He has been cleared for August practice.
* OL D.J. Bailey, after knee surgery late last year, is expected to be ready for fall practice.
* During spring training, Dehendret Collins was moved from Husky to cornerback. It is anticipated he will remain there with the caveat that he can move back if the need arises.
* Sophomore CB Anthony Standifer had a nagging knee injury for much of last season. It did not require surgery - just rest. He has gotten that rest and if good to go in August.
* Special Teams' ace Carlos Davis was moved from running back to cornerback in spring training and is currently number two behind Senquez Golson. He will remain at CB.
* This summer, so far, only two position changes have been decided on, and they could be temporary. Safety Q. Burdette is working at cornerback this summer in 7-on-7 drills and it looks as if true frosh Derrick Jones will be given a look at safety fist instead of wideout.
* There could be a couple of more position changes decided on in the next couple of weeks before August drills crank up, but the coaches opted to keep that info in-house for now.
* DL Fadol Brown, a recent commit/signee, and P Will Gleeson, from Australia, will both count toward the 2013 signee class. Just an FYI for the recruiting junkies who like to keep up with such.
* Last, but certainly not least, LB D.T. Shackelford came back in spring from being out two years with major knee issues. He surprised most with his mobility and overall play. According to our sources, he has had a "fantastic" summer and looks to be on track to regaining his form prior to his injury the spring of 2011.