Ole Miss went through a brief practice - 45 minutes - in shorts and shirts with the emphasis on some individual drills and running plays and defensive sets against The Citadel's looks.
"We had a good Monday practice," said Coach Ed Orgeron. We corrected some things, worked on some tackling and blocking fundamentals, worked some scout team drills and ran some basic sets on offense and defense.
"Monday's are to get the soreness out from the previous game and start thinking about and working on the next opponent."
* When the Reb defense was working against the scout team offense, freshman S Michael Hicks played the quarterback from The Citadel - Duran Lawson - running the option. Hicks played some option QB in high school and will give the Rebs a good look this week. BenJarvus Green-Ellis, as he is every week, played the opposing team's tailback.
* The number one defense did not change from Saturday's game against UT. MLB Patrick Willis was still in the lineup and appeared to be moving well, showing no ill-effects from Saturday's game.
* On the number two defense, LB Dontae Reed, who worked at middle linebacker in Willis' absence, was moved back outside behind SLB Garry Pack.
* DTs McKinley Boykin, Jeremy Garrett and Michael Bozeman continued rotating at the two DT slots on the one defense.
* On offense, as Oregeron stated in his press conference today, the OL was the same as last Saturday: LT Bobby Harris, LG Andrew Wicker, C Darryl Harris, RG Michael Oher and RT Tre' Stallings. This is the OL that most predicted would surface way back in April, but it is just now coming to fruition thanks to Andrew's health and Oher's development.
* Senior WR Mario Hill (hamstriing) did not rep today with the offense. He is listed as questionable for the game against The Citadel. In his absence, senior Larry Kendrick starts with Mike Espy and Taye Biddle. . . Today, Milton Collins and Burnell Wallace were also in the WR rotation.
* Frosh Lamark Armour appears to have taken over as the number two DE behind senior Jayme Mitchell. Chris Bowers is the number two LEO behind Corvelli Haynes. What is surprising is that Brandon Jenkins is nowhere to be seen on the one or two defnse at DT or DE. He seems to have fallen off the map.
* In the Rebel backfield, Jason Cook and Jamal Pittman were rotating at fullback with the number one offense today and at tailback Mico McSwain and Antonio Turner were also rotating reps.
* The Rebels will practice in full pads tomorrow at 3:45 p.m.
Practice Report: Monday
OM Spirit Top Stories
Ole Miss Beats Missouri 9-6 to Clinch SeriesOle Miss roughed up two different Missouri weekend starters en route to a 9-6 win that clinched the series.
OM SpiritYesterday at 1:59 PM
Rebels Solve Houck, Even Series with MissouriOle Miss put together one of its cleanest wins of the season, beating Tanner Houck and Missouri 3-1 to even the series
OM SpiritSaturday at 4:16 PM
Five to Watch: Rebels look to Even SeriesOle Miss missed out on a golden opportunity to take game one of this series after Missouri ace Tanner Houck was scratched after a brief rain delay.
OM SpiritSaturday at 9:05 AM
Ole Miss falls to Missouri 9-3Ole Miss dropped its series opener to Missouri 9-3 on a wet night at Swayze Field.
OM SpiritFriday at 7:18 PM