Bama is coming to town, high ranking and all that goes with it.
And the matchup is only five days off. With that in mind, Coach Ed Orgeron stressed getting this week's preparations for the SEC clash started in strong fashion.
"We need to set the tempo for the week," Orgeron said earlier today.
That's exactly what happened with a crisp, full-speed, one-hour workout in shorts and shirts on the practice fields late this afternoon.
The Rebels took their first looks at Alabama's offensive and defensive schemes and then ran their own sets for 20 minutes at the end of practice.
* LEO Corvelli Haynes (shoulder) was not at practice today. No word on his return, but Orgeron said in his Monday press conference he expected Haynes to be "OK" for the game.
* In Haynes' absence, as he did against Citadel, RS frosh Chris Bowers practiced at LEO with the number one defense. . . Viciente DeLoach took LEO snaps with the number two defense.
* LG Andrew Wicker, C Darryl Harris, C/G Tony Bonds and LT Bobby Harris - all nicked up in the Citadel game - practiced today, but it's uncertain if they will work full speed when the Rebs put on pads tomorrow. All are expected to play against Bama, but their availability in practice this week is on a day-to-day basis.
* TB Mico McSwain had a heavily bandaged elbow today and did not take full speed reps. His status is day-to-day, but he's also expected to play versus the Tide.
* Senior TB Brandon Jacobs took full speed reps today with the number two offense. It is the first time in over six weeks Jacobs has practiced at full speed. It will be interesting to see if he participates in full contact drills tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.
* The Rebs ended practice with 60-yard sprints.
* Practice, in full pds, will be at 3:45 p.m. tomorrow.
Pratice Report: Monday
OM Spirit Top Stories
Home Sweet HomeJaylin Williams out of Memphis, Tenn., took in a visit to Ole Miss in March. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound cornerback knew he had found his new home when he arrived back home.
OM Spirit12:49 PM
Ole Miss Commit Watch: Who Could Be NextOle Miss has already collected four defensive tackle commitments. Could a fifth be on the way?
OM SpiritYesterday at 4:42 PM
Ole Miss Intrigues EdmondsonScottsboro, Ala., defensive end Ethan Edmondson visited Ole Miss recently with one goal in mind: to leave with an offer.
OM SpiritYesterday at 10:20 AM
Ole Miss making moves in AlabamaOle Miss has hit the ground running in Alabama during the 2018 cycle, where each of its last three verbal commitments have come from the Yellowhammer State. Scout takes a look at…
Scout FootballYesterday at 8:59 AM