Bama is coming to town, high ranking and all that goes with it.
And the matchup is only five days off. With that in mind, Coach Ed Orgeron stressed getting this week's preparations for the SEC clash started in strong fashion.
"We need to set the tempo for the week," Orgeron said earlier today.
That's exactly what happened with a crisp, full-speed, one-hour workout in shorts and shirts on the practice fields late this afternoon.
The Rebels took their first looks at Alabama's offensive and defensive schemes and then ran their own sets for 20 minutes at the end of practice.
* LEO Corvelli Haynes (shoulder) was not at practice today. No word on his return, but Orgeron said in his Monday press conference he expected Haynes to be "OK" for the game.
* In Haynes' absence, as he did against Citadel, RS frosh Chris Bowers practiced at LEO with the number one defense. . . Viciente DeLoach took LEO snaps with the number two defense.
* LG Andrew Wicker, C Darryl Harris, C/G Tony Bonds and LT Bobby Harris - all nicked up in the Citadel game - practiced today, but it's uncertain if they will work full speed when the Rebs put on pads tomorrow. All are expected to play against Bama, but their availability in practice this week is on a day-to-day basis.
* TB Mico McSwain had a heavily bandaged elbow today and did not take full speed reps. His status is day-to-day, but he's also expected to play versus the Tide.
* Senior TB Brandon Jacobs took full speed reps today with the number two offense. It is the first time in over six weeks Jacobs has practiced at full speed. It will be interesting to see if he participates in full contact drills tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.
* The Rebs ended practice with 60-yard sprints.
* Practice, in full pds, will be at 3:45 p.m. tomorrow.
Pratice Report: Monday
OM Spirit Top Stories
4-Star DL Odom Still ListeningMONTGOMERY, Ala. - Aaron Odom out of Jackson Callaway finished the morning practice Monday with a few schools on his mind despite his commitment to Mississippi State.
OM Spirit1:53 PM
Askew All Auburn?MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Four-star cornerback Malcolm Askew has been firmly committed to Auburn since June, and he’s holding steady as his report date to The Plains rapidly approaches.
OM Spirit10:15 AM
Ole Miss Working on BrennanMONTGOMERY, Ala. — Myles Brennan never expected to be in this position.
OM SpiritYesterday at 6:26 PM
Akers Down to ThreeMONTGOMERY, Ala. — Cam Akers is done taking visits. He’s all but done with the recruiting process in general, actually. It’s decision-making time, and he’s got a lot to think about…
OM SpiritYesterday at 10:51 AM