Bama is coming to town, high ranking and all that goes with it.
And the matchup is only five days off. With that in mind, Coach Ed Orgeron stressed getting this week's preparations for the SEC clash started in strong fashion.
"We need to set the tempo for the week," Orgeron said earlier today.
That's exactly what happened with a crisp, full-speed, one-hour workout in shorts and shirts on the practice fields late this afternoon.
The Rebels took their first looks at Alabama's offensive and defensive schemes and then ran their own sets for 20 minutes at the end of practice.
* LEO Corvelli Haynes (shoulder) was not at practice today. No word on his return, but Orgeron said in his Monday press conference he expected Haynes to be "OK" for the game.
* In Haynes' absence, as he did against Citadel, RS frosh Chris Bowers practiced at LEO with the number one defense. . . Viciente DeLoach took LEO snaps with the number two defense.
* LG Andrew Wicker, C Darryl Harris, C/G Tony Bonds and LT Bobby Harris - all nicked up in the Citadel game - practiced today, but it's uncertain if they will work full speed when the Rebs put on pads tomorrow. All are expected to play against Bama, but their availability in practice this week is on a day-to-day basis.
* TB Mico McSwain had a heavily bandaged elbow today and did not take full speed reps. His status is day-to-day, but he's also expected to play versus the Tide.
* Senior TB Brandon Jacobs took full speed reps today with the number two offense. It is the first time in over six weeks Jacobs has practiced at full speed. It will be interesting to see if he participates in full contact drills tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.
* The Rebs ended practice with 60-yard sprints.
* Practice, in full pds, will be at 3:45 p.m. tomorrow.
Pratice Report: Monday
OM Spirit Top Stories
RYH: Tom Luke, Spirit RoundtableIn this edition of the Rebel Yell Hotline, Chuck Rounsaville and Yancy Porter discuss all the latest in Ole Miss athletics news. They're joined by guests Tom Luke and Ben Garrett.
OM Spirit8:00 PM
Is Tacoma Coug OL verbal White wavering?TACOMA's QUAZZEL WHITE, who verbally pledged WSU in November, tells CF.C he had a great time on his official visit this weekend. But with TCU and others now charging hard after the…
Kennedy, Ole Miss Searching for AnswersOle Miss head coach Andy Kennedy weighed in on his team's recent struggles, the health of Deandre Burnett and the Rebels' overall mental psyche during the SEC teleconference Monday…
OM Spirit9:33 AM
Prospect Spotlight: Cordarrian RichardsonOle Miss will host four-star RB Cordarrian Richardson for an official visit this weekend. If the Rebels were to land him, what caliber player would they be getting? The Ole Miss…
OM Spirit8:54 AM