* WLB Kelvin Robinson (mild concussion) did not practice today, but is expected back tomorrow for limited work, but no contact. . . TB Mico McSwain also sat out today's practice with a minor injury. It's wait-and-see on his return tomorrow when the Rebs practice in full pads.
* With K-Rob out, freshman Quentin Taylor, who played most of the second half against Kentucky and graded well, took up the slack at WLB. . . Another frosh, Antonio Turner, took most of the number one tailback reps in Mico's absence, but Larry Kendrick also got some carries with the number one offense.
* For several weeks, McKinley Boykin, Jeremy Garrett and Michael Bozeman were in a three-man rotation at the two DT slots with the number one defense. Not now. McKinley and Boze have clearly taken over those positions and Garrett, recovering from a shoulder injury, is number two with frosh Peria Jerry.
* The battle for number one left guard carries on between Thomas Eckers and Andrew Wicker. Today, Eckers got the number one reps. Two weeks ago, Wicker was number one, but injured his shoulder and was replaced by Thomas, who apparently doesn't want to give up the position without a battle. He and Wicker are neck-and-neck now.
* Coach O said part of the problem on the field goal kicking in the Kentucky game was in the protection. We found out today it was specifically in the middle of the interior where the breakdowns were. Now, starting RG Michael Oher has been inserted into the FG unit. He was not in it previously.
* The Robert Lane experiment is no longer an experiment. His responsibilities were expanded today in three ways: more plays designed for Robert, Lane being included in the entire offense and Lane playing FB, TE and a slot position. (He also worked some at QB today.)
* The Rebels will practice tomorrow in full pads at 3:45 p.m.