Oregon State Team Notes
• Sean Mannion's 58-yard touchdown pass to Jovan Stevenson in the second quarter was the third-longest scoring play of the season, and fourth of more than 50 yards, for the Beavers.
• The game concluded Oregon State's season at 3-9.
• The game marked just the second time this season the Beavers did not attempt a field goal. That also happened in the second game of the season against Wisconsin.
Oregon State Individual Notes
• Sean Mannion threw for 299 yards on 27-of-42 passing, giving him 11 consecutive games with 200 or more yards. That's two shy of Derek Anderson's 13 straight during the 2003 season, the most by an OSU quarterback over the last decade.
• Mannion's 299 passing yards gives him 3,328 on the season, the third-best single-season mark in Oregon State history, trailing only Derek Anderson in 2003 (4,058) and 2004 (3,615).
• Mannion's season-total of 3,328 passing yards is also now good for ninth in Oregon State career passing.
• Johnny Hekker had punts of 52 yards and 60 yards, respectively. He has had at least one 60-yard punt in six of the Beavers' 12 games this season.
• Hekker ended the game with three punts inside the 20, giving him 20 on the season.
• Markus Wheaton finished with 39 yards receiving, giving him (986) on the season, the 10th-best mark in single-season team history.
• Wheaton also finished the season with 73 catches after grabbing two Saturday, which is the ninth-best total in a single-season at OSU.
• Terron Ward received the kick to start the game. It marked his first career kickoff return.
• Jovan Stevenson's 58-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter was not only his longest catch of his career, but also his first receiving TD.
• Mike Remmers started the 44th game of his career, putting home into sole possession of sixth in OSU career history. It also marked his 37th consecutive start.
• Scott Crichton extended OSU record with a forced fumble in the third quarter, his sixth of the season. Michael Doctor recovered the ball for his first career fumble recovery.
• Redshirt frosh Crichton set a career-high with 12 tackles. His previous high was 11 against UCLA.
• Rudolf Fifita recorded his first career sack in the fourth quarter.
• Kevin Cummings' 26-yard reception in the fourth quarter marked a career-long. He later caught his first career touchdown on a 19-yard pass from Sean Mannion.
• Brandin Cooks' fourth-quarter touchdown, a 23-yard pass from Sean Mannion, was his third of the season.
• Trevor Romaine forced his first career fumble on a kickoff in the fourth quarter. Ryan McCants recovered the fumble, the first of his career.
NOTEBOOK: Civil War
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Pututau takes in CorvallisOregon State welcomed athlete Taniela Pututau to campus this past weekend. The busy high school senior caught up with BeaverBlitz to give them the latest on his recruitment and…
Brent Brennan named head coach at SJSUSan Jose State University has named Oregon State wide receiver coach, Brent Brennan as their new head coach.
BeaverBlitz End of the Season AwardsTo follow up our mid-season awards, and also recognize the Beavers’ improvement this season, here are our final awards for the 2016 season.
Beavs in the NFL: Week 13They may not be suiting up in Beavers orange, but keep tabs of your favorite Oregon State players who are now continuing their careers in the NFL with our weekly look back at…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 1:40 PM