Obum Gwacham continues to work on getting down the movements at his new position, but the more experienced lineman were quick to help him and other inexperienced players along the defensive front.
Dylan Wynn in particular was spotted doing a bit of one-on-one coaching with Gwacham.
The D-line worked on picking up loose balls and proper block shedding technique as part of their Day 2 regimen.
Mannion's helmet cam action from Day 1:
Other observations from the second practice session:
• The Beavs were again helmets-only, they'll add shoulder pads for the first time this spring on Day 3.
• There was a mix of players working inside and outside on Day 2 where they were able to enjoy a sunny, but chilly morning.
• The day begin with Special Teams, working on punts outside and warm ups inside.
• Everyone came inside to work on offensive position drills and field goals.
• QB's spent time practicing their drop backs and quick throws.
• The WR's and RB's worked separately on technique, which included proper running form and blocking.
• After special teams work the offense and defense split up for the rest of practice with different groups going outside at various times.
• Offense started with sets, working mainly on RB screens before moving into position drills.
• The QB's worked on drop backs and moving in the pocket.
• The WR's, TE's and RB's formed three groups and worked on making the catch and holding onto the ball when hit.
• QB's moved outside with the offensive line to practice reacting to interceptions.
• The D-lineman moved outside during that time as well, working with the blocking sleds.
• The defense started with position drills before moving into sets with no D-line, where they practiced following moving receivers.
• Proper ball holding technique, while less emphasized than on Monday, was still a point of emphasize made by new offensive coordinator John Garrett.
• The field goal work included a number of scenarios. We won't go into detail but the results were mixed. There was an overthrow on a fake, a nice breakup by Tyrequek Zimmerman on another fake and on the final attempt, backup kicker Garrett Owens was wide right.
• Storm Woods was getting first crack at most drills with the running backs, but Terron Ward was also given touches with the 1's.
• Victor Bolden, Walter Jones, and Hunter Jarmon worked on fly sweeps with the QB's. Harmon has left the OSU baseball team in order to focus solely on football.
• It appears there is a helmet cam being passed around practice (Sean Mannion had it on Monday, LB Michael Doctor had it strapped on Wednesday).
• Held out of action: Isaac Seumalo, Josh Mitchell, Connor Hamlett, Stevie Coury
Running with the 1s
QB: Sean Mannion
RB: Storm Woods and Terron Ward
WR: Victor Bolden and Richard Mullaney
TE: Caleb Smith, and Kellen Clute/Tyler Perry
FB: Tyler Anderson
RT: Bobby Keenan
RG: Sean Harlow
C: Roman Sapolu
RG: Grant Bays
RT: Gavin Andrews
RDE: Dylan Wynn
RDT: Edwin Delva
LDT: Siale Hautau
LDE: Jaswha James
OLB: D.J. Alexander
MLB: Jabral Johnson
OLB: Michael Doctor
LCB: Steven Nelson
RCB: Larry Scott
SS: Tyrequek Zimmerman
FS: Ryan Murphy
OSU Spring Ball Day 2
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Pierce taking advantage of early opportunityOne of the true freshmen who has come out and turned heads early is running back Artavis Pierce from Auburndale, Florida.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 4:33 PM
He Said. She Said. Boise State wrap upFrom high above the turf inside Reser Stadium, inside the press box, the He said-She said duo took in the Beavers game against Boise State. How did we each see things shake out?
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 3:48 AM
COMMIT: Beavs land Utah linemanOregon State may have lost the game on the field Saturday, but Sunday was time for celebration as the Beavers added a major talent to the 2017 class.
BeaverBlitzSunday at 7:20 PM
Georgia tackle takes in Oregon StateThe visit reports are starting as the official visitors return home after a weekend in Corvallis. Stick with BeaverBlitz for the latest from the visitors, including thoughts from…
BeaverBlitzSunday at 12:50 PM