THE GAME: Wayne Tinkle and the Beaver Men's Basketball team travels to Spokane, Washington to take on the Washington State Cougars. The game will tip off at 8 pm in the Spokane Arena and will air on PAC 12 Network.
- Oregon State went 2-3 in its final five Pac-12 road games last season; the Beavers lost 10 straight conference road games before that
- Oregon State plays its next three games on the road (at Washington State, at Washington, at Oregon)
- Stephen Thompson Jr. averaged 24.5 points against USC and UCLA, while shooting 55.6 percent from the field and 44.4 percent from behind the arc
- Drew Eubanks averaged 16.5 points and 12.0 rebounds against the L.A. schools
- Eubanks is third in the Pac-12 and 18th in the nation in blocked shots per game (2.7)
- JaQuori McLaughlin is tied for eighth in the Pac-12 in 3-point field goals made per game (2.1)
- Matt Dahlen had a career-high two blocked shots against UCLA; he had one blocked shot in his first 36 career games
- Gligorije Rakocevic has knocked down two 3-pointers in the past three games; he didn’t make a triple in his first 39 career games
- Tres Tinkle (wrist) and Cheikh N’diaye (shoulder) are out indefinitely with injuries
- Oregon State players have missed 31 games due to injuries.
OREGON STATE vs. WASHINGTON STATE:
- Oregon State and Washington State meet for the 294th time with the Beavers holding a 170-123 advantage.
- The 293 meetings are the fourth-most in NCAA history, trailing only Oregon State-Oregon (346), Oregon-Washington (301) and Oregon State-Washington (298).
- The 170 wins by Oregon State are the eighth-most by one school over another in NCAA history.
- The Beavers have defeated Washington State six straight times, their longest winning streak over the Cougars since reeling off six in a row from 1988 to 1990.
- It’s Oregon State’s longest current winning streak against a Pac-12 opponent.
- Oregon State and Washington State have played two previous times in Spokane and the Cougars won both. The first was an 80-64 victory on Jan. 11, 1997 and the second was an 81-76 win on Dec. 31, 2011.
- The Beavers won the only meeting between the teams last season, 69-49, on Feb. 28 in Corvallis. Gary Payton II (who wore his father’s retired No. 20 jersey for Senior Night in his final game at Gill Coliseum), Tres Tinkle and Drew Eubanks led Oregon State with 13 points apiece, while Josh Hawkinson had 14 points and nine rebounds to pace Washington State.
- This is the only meeting between the teams this season. With the unbalanced schedule in the Pac-12, the Washington schools won’t make the trip to Corvallis.
- It will be the third time since 1907-08 the Cougars won’t play Oregon State in the State of Oregon (1921-22 and 1963-64 were the others). The Beavers didn’t play a game in the state of Washington last season for the first time since 1911.