With three weeks to go until signing day, expect things to be extremely fluid but as of right now, these are the prospects to keep a close eye on.
First lets update the previous War Room from Christmas and those who aren’t on this edition.
1. Jordan Agasiva--Agasiva made a Christmas Day commitment to the Utes and the early enrollee has since signed and enrolled at Utah.
5. Tayari Venable--Venable has been very high on the Beavers since taking an OV to Corvallis however it appears that his window for holding a committable offer might have passed as the Beavers have sent out a number of new offers to other CB. The OSU staff appears to be slow playing Tayari to see if any of these new offers stick.
6. Jamire Calvin--In a bit of a shocker to everyone, Calvin picked out an Oregon State Beavers’ hat on Saturday on national TV while at the Army All-American game. He claimed that earlier in the week he thought he knew where he was going to go, but wanted to make his final decision with a clear mind so he actually stopped talking with all of the coaching staffs that were recruiting him. After talking it over with his parents and a lot of prayer, his heart led him back to Oregon State. He became the 18th member of the 2017 recruiting class and the 6th WR to pledge to the Beavers.
12. Javelin Guidry--Just as quickly as Guidry emerged as a target for the Beavers, he finds himself back off the radar. Guidry has eliminated the Beavers and is now down to Arizona State, San Diego State and Utah but it appears Utah might be the leader. As other prospects have emerged for the Beavs, they might have moved on prior to Guidry trimming his list.
13. Connor Weddington--The PNW native had been a long time commit to UW but after learning that he had been accepted into Stanford, he quickly decommitted and the Beavers offered again shortly thereafter. He has since named a top-5 of Baylor, Stanford, Washington, UCLA and Notre Dame. Stanford is the team to beat with UW a dark horse.
14. Hunter Echols--Echols has been a longtime commit to USC but last month was considering taking a visit to OSU. It still could happen since former teammate Jamire Calvin committed to the Beavs, but it should be considered highly unlikely. He tweeted from the Army game that he was shutting things down and 100% committed to USC. Crazier things have been known to happen come January.