- The winning team has tallied 44 points or more four of the last seven meetings.
- The Beavers have not won back to back Civil War's since the 1973 and 1974
- The average margin of victory in the last seven clashes in Eugene stands
at 8.1 points per game.
- Oregon State last victory in Eugene was 15-12 in 1993. The Ducks
are on a four game Civil War winning streak in Autzen.
- The first Civil war between Oregon and Oregon State was played in 1894.
Oregon State won 16-0.
- Oregon State defeated the Ducks 44-41 in double overtime in one of the most
thrilling Civil War's ever.
- Oregon holds a 53-43-10 series lead. The Beavers have a 22-24-3 record
in Eugene and a 17-26-5 record in Corvallis.
- Oregon State and Oregon did not play in 1900, 1901, 1911, 1943, and 1944.
- The average score of the Civil War is Oregon 14, Oregon State 11.
- There have been ten ties between Oregon and Oregon State.
- The most points Oregon has won by is 44 points in 1895 with the score Oregon
44, Oregon State 0.
- The most points Oregon State has won by is 37 points in 1942 with the score
Oregon 2, Oregon State 39.
- Oregon and Oregon State played each other twice in 1896. Oregon won
both contests 2-0 and 12-8.
- The longest winning streak by Oregon over Oregon State is eight from 1976
- The longest winning streak by Oregon State over Oregon is eight from 1964
- Oregon and Oregon State have shut each other out five times.
- Oregon has shutout Oregon State 28 times, including ties.
- Oregon State has shutout Oregon 16 times, including ties.
- The 1982 tie between Oregon and Oregon State is the last in NCAA history
because of the Kansas rules.
- The home team has won the Civil War the last six games. The average
score of those game being the Beavers 28.3, Ducks 28.0.
- The Civil War is the longest running rivalry on the west coast and the seventh
longest running rivalry in the nation.
- In 1962, both teams were powerful, with Oregon State following Heisman Trophy
winner Terry Baker to a 7-2 record and Oregon was led by Mel Renfro to a 6-2-1
mark (and its only losses were to Texas and Ohio State). Bob Berry hit Renfro
with a bomb for a touchdown that boosted Oregon to a 17-3 lead early, but
Baker brought the Beavers back, earning a trip to the Liberty Bowl in the
- In 1964, it was "winner goes to Pasadena, loser stays home," even though
the teams didn't know it. Oregon prevailed, 7-6, by blocking an extra point.
But the Ducks had to wait an extra week to see what USC would do against Notre Dame before the Rose Bowl committee would vote on which of the co-champions
to invite. Yet, Oregon received the invitation, even though USC beat the Irish.
- The 1957 game was memorable for a couple of reasons, not the least of which
was that Oregon lost the game ... but still got to go to the Rose Bowl, because
the Beavers had been there the previous year and the conference had a "no-repeat"
rule at the time. But the game, the game: Oregon State won, 10-7, when Nub
Beamer recovered Oregon receiver Jim Shanley's fumble at the goal line, turning
the Ducks away. Thing is, Oregon coach Len Casanova points out that Shanley
crossed the plane of the goal line -- a touchdown today -- but lost possession
before the play was over. Fumble.
- The series spent the better part of three decades as significant only within the state, as the programs struggled. It hit bedrock when the teams tied in 1983... 0-0, leaving the teams with a combined six wins for the season.
Recaps of Recent Civil Wars
2002: Oregon State 45, Oregon 24
On a crisp winter Saturday Steven Jackson ran for 153 yards and scored three touchdowns while quarterback Derek Anderson threw for 370 yards and four scores to pace a 45-24 win in Corvallis. Oregon rebounded from a 17-3 deficit to tie the score at 17-17 with 3:14 remaining in the first half. But the Beavers responded with 21 straight points to regain momentum heading into the final quarter. The Ducks had trouble with the ball turning it over four times. AP Recap.