Athletic director Bob DeCarolis has been in contact with several big name
schools including LSU, Oklahoma, Syracuse, and Boston College the past month.
The Beavers are looking to replace their opening game with Temple in 2004.
Before OSU can reschedule they must find a replacement opponent for Temple to open up the September 4 date. DeCarolis has set a Jan. 31
Of the major schools that OSU has been in contact with, the most buzz has
been generated by LSU. Oregon newspapers are talking about the match
up, as well as Louisiana papers ..an
The Oregonian recapped Oregon State's history of playing big name
non-conference opponents on the road. It isn't pretty...more
- The Beavers have been given a very, very early preseason #16 ranking by ESPN's
- DT Dwan Edwards was named to Ivan Maisel's all-bowl team...more
- Instead of opening up Pac-10 play at home, the Beavers will open
conference play on the road as the Arizona State game has been moved from
October 9 to September 25...more
- DL Cole Linehan verbaled to the University of Oregon this week. He
narrowed his choice down to Oregon and Oregon State before choosing the UO...more
- QB C.J. Bacher deverbaled from Oregon State and verbaled to Northwestern
after his visit to the Chicago campus last week.
- OSU defensive backs coach Nigel Burton is being considered by the
University of Washington for their defensive backs coaching position.
Burton is an alum of UW....more
- QB Derek Anderson plans on attending a quarterback camp headed by Peyton Manning in the summer...more
- If you haven't been checking out the premium board, you've been missing
out. OSU recruiting guru James Greule has been posting tons of
good information the past couple of weeks...more
- Fans who bring a dog bone to Saturday's contest against Washington can
purchase a bench seat for $5. The promotion benefits the Heartland
Humane Society of Corvallis.
HEADLINES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Beavers' success beneficial to Ducks
As easy as it would be for Oregon fans to show disdain for the loss to Oregon State in Corvallis on Saturday, the thought that the Beavers are better than they once were should bring somewhat of a smile to their face.
As hard as that is to believe, the sense that Oregon State -- the Pacific-10 Conference's doormat since 1990 -- may have a future is actually beneficial to the Ducks...Hank Hager, Daily Emerald
O'Doyle no longer rules
We have all been witness to a bully.
Think back to our elementary era, where there existed that certain intimidator who craved eating other kids' lunches.
Or maybe you knew one in high school, that older menace who always had to pick on that poor, shy person in a large crowd of people...Tasha Rassuli, Daily Barometer