- Former Beaver defensive end LaDairis Jackson singed a free
agent contract with the Cincinnati Bengals...more
- Former Beaver and current Green Bay linebacker Nick Barnett
was a guest on the Jim Rome Show Thursday, January 29.
- Wide receiver Kenny Farley is currently in Southern California
preparing for workouts that are going to be held at in the indoor practice
facility at OSU for NFL scouts.
- The Oregon State-LSU matchup is close to becoming a reality. See the "Headlines You Might Have Missed" section for more information.
- WR Slade Norris says he will commit to Oregon State if
- CB/WR Jack Ikegwuonu is currently a soft commit to Wisconsin,
but is interested in Oregon State who has offered him.
- S Jevon Butler will visit Oregon State this weekend. He currently
does not hold an offer from OSU, but may walk-on if decides he does not
to play at the University of Idaho.
- RB David Peeples likes three schools, Oregon, Oregon State, and Mississippi State...more
- RB Matt Sieverson is deciding whether to play football on scholarship
at a small time school, Idaho or Portland State, or wait and maybe receive
an offer from Oregon State.
- LB Will Price joined the 20 other verbals this week after switching
from Arizona State to Oregon State.
- CB/WR T.R. Smith who verbaled to Oregon State in August is reconsidering
his decision to play for Mike Riley after visiting Oregon two weekends ago.
The Ducks are recruiting him hard and want him as a running back. T.R.
Smith would most likely play wide receiver at OSU. He is expected to
make his final decision this weekend.
- LB Isaiah Cook who verbaled to Kansas State just 10 days ago before
withdrawing his verbal on the 24th of this month is torn between Kansas State
and Oregon State. Both coaching staffs are in contact with him almost
daily. He said he will state the school of his choice on Friday.
- DE Eugene Germany was all set to verbal to USC after his visit earloer
this month before the OSU coaches came calling. Germany says USC and
Michigan are his finalists, but OSU may slip in due to the opportunity to
- Probably the biggest buzz this week is the verbal from SS/CB Lamar Herron.
Herron was a soft commit to USC before switching to OSU. He switched
because of the opportunity to play early at OSU, but there are still some
questions about him qualify though.
- RB Arian Foster flirted with verballing to Oregon State before saying
he would like to play in the SEC at Tennessee.
- CB Bryan Payton will announce the school of his choice after visiting
Corvallis this weekend. Payton is torn between ASU and OSU. His
brother is already committed to ASU, but Bryan says his brother will not influence
- DT Ra'Shon Harris will probably sign with the University of Oregon
next Wednesday despite having a great time in Corvallis last weekend.
He likes Oregon a lot, but wants to discuss his decision with his mom and
coach before deciding.
- P Sam Paulescu verballed to the Beavers on Monday of this week, filling the void left by Carl Tobey's graduation. Paulescu was regarded as one of the best junior college punters in the country.
- The Statesman Journal reported that former Beaver forward Brain Jackson, who was working as an undergraduate assistant this season, has left the program to play for the BG74 basketball club in Goettingen, Germany.
HEADLINES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Oregon State-LSU matchup could be finalized soon
A 2004 football matchup between Oregon State and BCS national champion Louisiana State is increasingly likely and could be agreed upon in principle today.
The main sticking point to the Beavers' opening next season in Baton Rouge, La. -- Oregon State's scheduled game with Temple at Reser Stadium -- is loosening. The Owls have found several teams interested in playing Sept. 4 and are in negotiations. Oregon State will begin finalizing a deal with LSU if and when Temple finds a new opponent...more
Football opener still up in the air
Oregon State still doesn't know if it's playing host to Temple or if it's visiting LSU on Sept. 4 in its 2004 football opener.
However, major progress in fund-raising has given the Raising Reser campaign a significant boost toward the $32 million target, and it's becoming increasingly likely that the project to renovate and expand Reser Stadium's east grandstand will begin this spring, as planned...more
Oregon state is without Bacher
C.J. Bacher hasn't graduated from high school yet, but the Jesuit quarterback has already learned a hard lesson about college football.
Bacher, a first-team All-Metro selection, originally committed verbally to Oregon State but now will sign with Northwestern. He'll make it official Wednesday, when high school athletes can sign scholarship offers...more