- Athletic director Bob DeCarolis announced that approximately 75 percent
of the $33 million goal in the first phase of the Raising Reser campaign has
been raised. The total stands at $24 million with the first phase of
the expansion scheduled to be completed by the 2005 season...more
- OG Jeremy Perry finally sent in his LOI Wednesday and it was to Oregon State.
Perry was the offensive player of the year in Hawaii while playing at Kahuku
High School. Honolulu
Star-Bulletin | Arizona
Daily Wildcat |
- Two teammates of Perry, TE Tavita Finao (6-5, 230)
and Walker Vave, are also set to join the Beaver squad. But Finao needs
a qualifying test score and Vave will be gone two years on a church misson.
- The Sacramento Bee had this to say about OSU coach Nigel Burton: "Oregon
State has a rising star of a coach in Nigel Burton, who was so good as a safety/hitter
for Jesuit 10 seasons ago that The Bee was prompted to create a Defensive
Player of the Year honor. Burton coaches the Beavers' secondary and helps
pan Sacramento for nuggets, signing among others Alan Darlin of Laguna Creek,
a linebacker who hammers like, well, Burton did a generation ago. "Darlin
hits way harder than that Burton kid, because he has no lead in his (butt),"
- WR Marcel Love sent in his LOI to Oregon State on Monday...more
- Former Oregon State cornerback Keith Heyward-Johnson
was taken in the 10th round of the NFL Europe's free agent draft by the Berlin
- Former Beaver linebacker Issac White signed a two-year
deal with the Kansas City Cheifs...more
- Former Beaver Joe Douglass was recently traded to the AFL's Los Angeles
- Oregon State will get $750,000 to play at LSU with approximately $250,000
more in shared television rights.
- Football season ticket renewal applications will be mailed on Monday, February
16. The renewal deadline for season tickets in April 2. Away game
ticket applications will be mailed to season ticket holders on April 2.
Season tickets will be mailed August 2...more
- Internet only sales for single game tickets for home games will begin on June 28. Single game orders will be taken by phone and in person beginning on July 12.
- Former Oregon State forward Philip Ricci dropped by practice last week.
Ricci is averaging 11.7 points and 5.6 rebounds for the Huntsville Flight of
the NBDL. He has started all 24 games this season. "It's an
opportunity to get back in the (NBA) and get your name out there," Ricci told
the Statesman Journal. "I don't see myself doing this for another year."
Ricci hopes to play in Europe or the NBA next season. Some of his teammates are former Portland Trail Blazers' guard Erick Barkley and former Oregon forward Bryan Bracey.
- The Beavers have two 15-point scorers or better for the first time since 1995, with junior forward David Lucas (16.8) and sophomore guard Chris Stephens (15.7) providing the dual threat. The previous one-two punch? Current Sonics guard Brent Barry (21.0) and Mustapha Hoff (18.6).
HEADLINES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
Surviving Death Valley
Oregon State's football players must prepare well in the Willamette Valley this spring and summer if they hope to survive Death Valley's potentially stifling heat and humidity.
Those who aren't fit when fall camp opens in early August will struggle on Sept. 4 when the Beavers open their 2004 football season against Bowl Championship Series national champion LSU at Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge...more
Williams, Heron: A chance to square off
In eighth grade, Worrell Williams and Lamar Herron played on the Natomas Junior Nighthawks football team, forming a nearly unstoppable duo.
At the time, they were classmates at Leroy F. Greene Middle School. But the next year, Williams went to Jesuit and then transferred to Grant, while Herron attended Natomas...more