- The Beavers return 45 lettermen, 12 of which are starters. Of the 12 starters,
five are on offense (QB Derek Anderson, C Matt Brock, OT Doug Nienhuis, OT
Kanan Sanchez, SE Mike Hass) and seven are on defense (DT Ben Siegert, LB
Trent Bray, CB Brandon Browner, FS Mitch Meeuwsen, LB Jonathan Pollard, DT
Bill Swancutt, CB Aric Williams).
- Of the seven returning defensive starters, five earned some type of honor
for their play in 2003 (Siegert, Browner, Meeuwsen, Swancutt and Williams).
- OSU lost 18 lettermen, including 12 starters, seven on offense () and six
- The Beavers have 26 walk-ons, 33 redshirt freshmen and 25 true freshmen
on the roster.
- Tailback Charles Burnley and tight end Zach Hagemeister, who failed to
qualify in 2003, but recently passed in 2004, will participate in spring drills.
- Five players will not participate due to injuries:
o SS Mitch Meeuwsen – shoulder
o LB Seth Lacey – shoulder/neck
o TE Pat Loney – shoulder
o OT Jake Pratt – shoulder
o DT Ben Siegert – shoulder
- OL Kanan Sanchez will miss spring practice due to personal reasons.
- OL Brandon Lockheart and DB Jeremy Hoover will miss drills due to academic
- WR Phil Ghilarducci has left the team due to a family member being ill.
- LeCharls McDaniel has been moved from special teams coach to tight ends
- Bruce Read, who was with Riley at Oregon State in ‘97 and ’98,
has been hired as the special teams coach.
- Danny Kalavi has been moved to the linebacker position. He was working
out with the wide receivers in 2003.
Pre-Spring News and Notes
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Dam Podcast: Will WSU Coug it?Brandon Sprague of 1080 The Fan and Angie Machado from BeaverBlitz talk about the Air Raid offense and recruiting in this week's Dam Podcast.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:27 PM
Andersen discusses WSUCoach Gary Andersen met with the media on Thursday for his last media availability of the week. How does he feel about his team and the match-up with the Cougars?
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 4:13 PM
Behind Enemy Lines: Washington StateEach week we check in with an expert who covers Oregon State's opponent. Today we check in with Barry Bolton, of Cougfan.com on the Scout network to get his thoughts on the Oregon…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 10:16 AM
Trench Report: WashingtonThe trench report gives an overview of the offensive line play during the most recent game. The top performer gets the Golden Sled, a fictitious award that I give with impunity.…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 8:59 AM