- The expansion will add approximately 7,700 seats to the east grandstand.
- After phase one, Reser’s capacity will be upped to around 43,000.
- Twenty-two luxury seats, an exclusive 25,000 square foot founder’s
lodge and a larger club area with a restaurant will be added to the east side.
- The $80 million expansion is the biggest project undertaken by the Oregon State athletic department.
- Before the start of the 2004 season, rows 19 to 41 will be demolished and
replaced with temporary bleachers. Following the Civil War, crews will remove
the remaining grandstand.
- The east side will have student seating from end zone to end zone.
- The new grandstand will be a double-decked structure designed to put the
fans on top of the field and keep the noise in the stadium.
- All seats on the east side will have chair backs.
- A 1,000-car parking structure will be built in the Finely Hall parking
lot across from Gill Coliseum.
- The project is scheduled to be complete by the 2005 season.
- HNTB of Los Angeles designed the renovation of the stadium.
Facts of Phase One
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Pre-visit: Bowcut locked inOfficial visitors will begin arriving on campus this afternoon. BeaverBlitz checks in with local commit Josh Bowcut to get his thoughts before the visit this weekend.
Pre-visit: Pututau talks OSU visitOregon State will be hosting Utah athlete Taniela Pututau this weekend on an official visit. We caught up with him to get his thoughts on the Beavers.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 8:44 AM
Pre-visit: Wellsfry Ready For OfficialCoaches are gearing up for another week of official visitors to the Oregon State campus, including offensive line commit Brock Wellsfry. BeaverBlitz checks in to see what he's…
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 3:26 PM
Following the Future: Week 15BeaverBlitz.com will touch base with the 2017 commits weekly to hear how they did during the week. Keep tabs with our popular Following the Future weekly feature.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 3:10 PM