1) Watch the Cal vs. USC football game on network
television from your favorite couch.
2) Clean the garage and or office/den.
3) Road trip to Pullman, WA and watch the Zeros get killed
by the Cougars. Pretend like you are in college again and party with the
locals. Make sure to do random OSU cheers marching to the game and in the
4) Go deep-sea fishing on the Oregon coast. Or if they are in season: clams, crabs, and oysters? (Sounds like a new combo-disease)
5) Call up 5-6 of your buddies and host a poker game at
your house. Get belligerent drunk and have no worries about driving home.
Crack out the Beaver Trivia coasters.
6) Drive to the nearest Indian Casino, better yet fly to Nevada and lay down a dime ($10, 100, 1000, or 10K) depending on what kind of playa' you are on the "lock of the week". I like Cal +7.5, if you can't get the hook, tease half point by paying an extra 10% juice. Like one degenerate gambler told me at the Stardust during March Madness, when I asked him what he did for a living: "I'm in accounting." I digress.
7) Sleep in, eat a big breakfast, read the newspaper,
watch sit-com re-runs, and your favorite videos, and if you have the energy mow
the lawn. And also drink all the beer in your fridge and order pizza. Try to
best as lazy as possible. Challenge yourself to supreme laziness.
8) Go for a back-pack trip or long day hike. Go by yourself and set yourself free from the chaos of the world or go with the family. Choose from numerous great hikes that include the Coastal Range, Columbia Gorge Wilderness, and Cascade Mountains. I recommend Dog Mountain, Table Rock Mountain, and Harts Cove as potential destinations.
9) Update your phone/address list from the comforts of
home and also update all your email addresses from the comforts of that home
computer. (If no computer, go to the library where it's free.)
10) Go to the mall or one of those big electronic
superstores and make a large purchase with the money you saved from not
tailgating at a football game.
11) Invite your neighbors over for a barbeque and start
breaking down the OSU vs. UW game. Be the ever optimistic Beaver Believer and
start predicting a blow-out.
12) Go to the local watering hole, saddle up to the bar and converse with total strangers.
13) Invite your friends over for a dinner party. (A bit
feminine, but it could be fun)
14) Visit your grandma and grandpa or any other relative you always say you are going to visit but always procrastinate and never do.
15) Dedicate the weekend to your spouse or significant
other and do whatever they want to do for the entire day Saturday. (This could
be a toughie, but a major scoreboard point getter if you are keeping score at
16) Ignore #15 and do what you usually do on any other
Saturday. Watch ESPN GameDay in the morning, Big-10 game, Pac-10 game, SEC
game, and then another West Coast game. Make sure to have plenty of your
favorite beverages within 20 feet of you at all times. If you partake in sports
wagering, make sure all your sure bets are locked and loaded.
17) Surf the internet. Memorize obscure Beaver sports
trivia, post on Beaverfootball.com, start invading the
DawgMan.com web site, and make a donation to the Raising Reser fund. That's
multiple things, but you got all day, so do them all and don't complain about
18) Go scout the pee-wee football players in your local
neighborhood. We need to find the talent at a young age. If we can find the
prized recruits at age 8, Beaver Nation will rise.
19) Power wash the driveway, clean the gutters, paint a
room in the house, and catch up on the home projects you have been putting off.
20) Head down to one of the OSU Beaver stores and load up
on orange and black paraphernalia. A must buy is the Beaver flag and hang it
proudly from your home. This will piss of your entire neighborhood Ducks.
Go Beavs! Rest up and gear up for a win next week in Seattle against the doggies. And memo to Beaver Nation: Do something constructive this weekend!