- The winning team has tallied 44 points or more in four of the last eight meetings.
- The Ducks have not won back to back Civil War's since the 1996 and 1997
- Oregon's last victory in
Corvallis was a 48-15 butt kicking in the 100th edition of the contest in 1996. The
are on a three game Civil War winning streak in Reser.
- The first Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State was played in 1894.
Oregon State won 16-0.
- The is the first time in the 108 year history that the Ducks and Beavers
face each other with identical .500 records.
- Oregon holds a 54-43-10 series lead. The Beavers have a 22-25-3 record
in Eugene and a 17-26-5 record in Corvallis.
- Oregon State and Oregon did not play in 1900, 1901, 1911, 1943, and 1944.
- The average score of the Civil War is Oregon 14, Oregon State 11.
- There have been ten ties between Oregon and Oregon State.
- The last seven games have been won by the home team.
- The most points Oregon has won by is 44 points in 1895 with the score Oregon
44, Oregon State 0.
- The most points Oregon State has won by is 37 points in 1942 with the score
Oregon 2, Oregon State 39.
- Oregon and Oregon State played each other twice in 1896. Oregon won
both contests 2-0 and 12-8.
- The longest winning streak by Oregon over Oregon State is eight from 1976
- The longest winning streak by Oregon State over Oregon is eight from 1964
- Oregon and Oregon State have shut each other out five times.
- Oregon has shutout Oregon State 28 times, including ties.
- Oregon State has shutout Oregon 16 times, including ties.
- The 1982 tie between Oregon and Oregon State is the last in NCAA history
because of the Kansas rules.
- The Civil War is the longest running rivalry on the west coast and the seventh
longest running rivalry in the nation.
- In 1983 the teams tied 0-0 in the infamous "Toilet Bowl," that leaft the teams with a combined six wins for the season.
Civil War Week: Day 4
Quick Facts about the Longest Running Rivalry on the West Coast
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Dam Podcast: Will WSU Coug it?Brandon Sprague of 1080 The Fan and Angie Machado from BeaverBlitz talk about the Air Raid offense and recruiting in this week's Dam Podcast.
Andersen discusses WSUCoach Gary Andersen met with the media on Thursday for his last media availability of the week. How does he feel about his team and the match-up with the Cougars?
Behind Enemy Lines: Washington StateEach week we check in with an expert who covers Oregon State's opponent. Today we check in with Barry Bolton, of Cougfan.com on the Scout network to get his thoughts on the Oregon…
Trench Report: WashingtonThe trench report gives an overview of the offensive line play during the most recent game. The top performer gets the Golden Sled, a fictitious award that I give with impunity.…