This is only the second time since the start of the weekly conference awards that the same program has had all three selections.
- WR Mike Hass - With his nine catches tied Oregon State's
single-season record for pass receptions with 81; he tied the mark set by
James Newson in 2003. Hass moved into sixth place on the OSU all-time career
receptions list with 125. Hass' two touchdown catches gave him seven for the
season, tying him for ninth place on OSU's all-time single-season list. Hass
now has 14 career touchdown catches, putting him in fifth place on OSU's all-time
list. Hass' 154 receiving yards gave him 2,287 for his career, putting him
in second place on OSU's all-time list ahead of Reggie Bynum (2,231 yards,
1982-85) and trailing only James Newson (3,572 yards, 200-03).
- QB Derek Anderson - With his four touchdown passes Saturday,
Oregon State quarterback Derek Anderson tied his single-season record for
touchdown passes at 25; he set the record in 2002. Anderson's 351 yards passing
game him gave him 3,257 yards this season, putting him in third place on OSU's
all-time single-season list. Anderson had 370 yards total offense on Saturday
to give him 3,111 for the year; that puts him in second place on OSU's all-time
list. Anderson now holds the top three spots on OSU's single-season lists
for both passing yardage and total offense. Anderson threw nine touchdown
passes against the Ducks in his career, including four in each game at Reser
- FS Mitch Meeuwsen - his one interception on Saturday, pushed
his OSU career record to 20. His six interceptions this season tie for 11th
on the Beavers' all-time list of single-season leaders.
- PK Alexis Serna - his five field goals tied the OSU single-game
school record that he set at Washington earlier this season. They were also
a Reser Stadium record, breaking the record that had been shared by Fresno State's Barry Belli (vs. OSU, 1985), OSU's Jose Cortez (vs. California, 1998)
and OSU's Kirk Yliniemi (vs. Boise State, 2003).
- DE Bill Swancutt - his three quarterback sacks on Saturday
gave him 11.5 for the season, tying the OSU single-season record set by LaDairis Jackson in 2000 and Swancutt in 2002. He added to his career record, which
is now 37. In Oregon State's defensive points system, Bill Swancutt
had 62 points on Saturday; that tied for the 14th-highest single-game total
in school history. Swancutt had six tackles (four unassisted, two assisted),
three quarterback sacks, a forced fumble, an interception and a hurried pass.
- The 2004 team - OSU's 19 first downs by passing tied the school record, matching the mark set against Washington State in 1986, Georgia in 1987 and Akron in 1987. OSU's 368 yards passing as a team was the 14th-highest total in school history. Derek Anderson's 351 yards passing tied for the 15th-highest total in school history, and his 370 yards total offense was the 12th-highest total in school history. Mike Hass' 154 yards receiving tied for the 16th-highest total in school history.
Oregon State defensive end Joe Rudulph who has been suspended from the team for punching another man at The Headline Cafe in Corvallis two weeks ago was indicated Friday on two counts of fourth-degree assault, harassment and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
Rudulph will not be charged with a hate crime but the grand jury did indicate that Anthony Wheat-Brown did make racially charged statements during the melee.
Rudulph will be arraigned on Dec. 9 and if convicted he could be kicked off of the football team.
More records fall.
- Oregon State's 50 points was the highest score ever by either school in
the 108-game history of the Civil War.
- With the win, Oregon State completed its third straight winning regular
season; the last time the Beavers had three straight winning seasons came
during OSU's run of five straight winning seasons from 1966-70.
- Oregon State finished the 2004 season with a 3-2 record at Reser Stadium;
it was OSU's sixth straight season with a winning record at home and the Beavers
are 30-6 at home during that time. OSU has had seven straight seasons with
at least a .500 record at home and is 33-9 on its home turf during that time.
- Oregon State won the mythical "Pacific Northwest Championship"
by beating Oregon, Washington State and Washington this season. The last time
OSU had beaten all three of its regional rivals was in 1974, when those victories
were the Beavers' total in a 3-8 season.
- Saturday's crowd of 37,042 was the 28th straight sellout for an Oregon State home game at Reser Stadium, starting with a 31-21 win over No. 8-ranked Southern California on Sept. 30, 2000. It was also the 14th-largest crowd in Reser Stadium history, and the third-largest since the stadium took on its current 35,362-seat configuration during the 1990 season. With the completion of the new east grandstand for next season, Reser Stadium will seat approximately 43,000.