- OrangeAttack updated subscribers on the status of several
greyshirts on the BF.com
- Oregon State senior defensive end Bill Swancutt did 23
reps of 225 pounds at the NFL Combine.
- UCLA basketball player Chris Thomas became just the third player in college
basketball history to accumulate 2,000 points and 800 assists in his career.
The other two players are Syracuse alum Sherman Douglas and Oregon State alum
- The Tennesse Titans are interested
in drafting Brandon Browner.
- From McCall.com:
Dwight Perry of the Seattle Times figures Oregon State will
avoid major repercussions after two of its football players were charged with
trying to pay a Corvallis cab driver with marijuana for a $14 fare and then,
when the driver objected, stiffing him altogether.
''The weed didn't trigger any NCAA violations for extra benefits,'' he wrote, ''since the Beavers are scheduled to play only one game on grass next season.''
- BF.com unviled the Recruiting
Flash a regular feature covering Oregon State football recruiting.
- PigSkin Pete of Oregon Magazine says Beaver football
needs a better leader.
"As Leo Durocher once famously pointed out, 'nice guys finish last' and
we don't expect Riley is headed in the direction of proving this judgment
wrong." - Ouch, the Beaver football program can't catch a break these
- The NCAA released data on the Academic
Progress Rate Monday. If the standards were put into effect today,
Oregon State football would not meet the minimum standards and would be penalized.
Men's basketball would not be penalized. All of the women's sports qualify
- The Pac-10 will not
institue instant replay next year. Head coach Mike Riley
liked instant replay while in the NFL. "I liked it," Riley
said of the NFL version. "I think the intent of it is very good, which
is to get it all right. But it's not that easy. It's expensive to get it all
- University of Hawaii offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh interviewed with OSU Monday.
- Former Oregon State football head coach Dennis Erickson
it quits Wednesday. When asked if he would have done anything differently
before moving from OSU to the NFL he responded. ''What I would have
done differently is evaluated the situation before I decided to take the job.
If I knew that some of these things were going to happen, I would have never
left Oregon State."
- Oregon State officially announced that Montgomery
Gentry will perform after the season opener against Portland
season ticket applications will be mailed out Monday,
- Oregon State professor Dr. Lynn Lashbrook who is the founder
and president of Sports Marketing WorldWide, a Portland-based company that
provides sports management training for people seeking careers as agents will
stop teaching at OSU after this term after a conflict
- Oregon State junior defensive back Brandon Browner
between 4.62 and 4.69 in the 40, while weighing 6034, 221 pounds, but also
did just 13 reps of 225 pounds.
- Oregon State senior cornerback Aric Williams recorded the
lowest number of reps in the 225-pound bench press at the cornerback
position with just eight reps.
- Hawaii coach June Jones told the Hawaii Advertiser that he would be "in
total shock" if Mike Cavanaugh, who recently interviewed for an
offensive line coach job with the Cleveland Browns, took the Oregon State
"He wants an NFL job," Jones said. "He doesn't want to go to another college."
- Former Beaver receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh
resigned with Cincinnati. "It was
tempting to get out and really test the water as a free agent, but in my
heart, what I wanted was to be in Cincinnati," Houshmandzadeh said. "I told
my agents that, and we were able to get a good deal done."
- Former Beaver linebacker James Allen
one-year deal with St. Louis.
- The men's basketball team
fell to UCLA, 69-61 Thursday night.
- Dennis Dodd of Sportsline.com tabbed Oregon State as
one of ten
football teams to watch in 2005.
- Former Beaver defensive tackle Dwan Edwards high school jersey
will be retired at Columbus High School in Montana Friday.
- Former Beaver kicker Jose Cortez was not resigned by the
- Former Beaver defensive end DeLawrence Grant was waived by
Oakland. The Raiders hope to sign him in a few weeks though at a
- Nine scouts attended Oregon State during the first NFL Pro Timing Day at OSU Thursday.