- EPSN listed tight end Joe Newton as the fourth best tight end in
the 2006 NFL Draft.
- "OSU has stepped up. Now it's Clemens' turn to do the same" ...more from the Gazette Times.
- David Lucas poured in 41 points during an exhibition game last
Saturday at Westview High.
- Dad's Weekend football tickets are on sale.
- The 2005-06 football and basketball student ticket policies have been posted as well.
- Dennis Erickson was asked by the
Oregonian's Brian Meehan if he regretted his decision to leave
"I do regret it now," Erickson said.. "But the situation here wasn't what I thought it would be. I was told they were going to bring the players back, and I thought we had a chance to compete. If I had known we would lose players like Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens, I never would have taken the job in 100 years."
- Wide receiver Mike Hass is an
avid fisher and is looking to get into and then stay in the NFL for a
"As long as they pay me the money, I'd like to play 10 years, then fish," Hass told the Oregonian. "Playing ball gets you more money than fishing."
listed Bill Swancutt as the Lion's best pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Swancutt will wear #90 for Detriot.
- The man that shot Dennis Weathersby is currently
serving a life sentence for attempting to kill Weathersby and his
- The Beaver football team named Trent Bray, Chaz Scott and Mike
2005 team captains.
"It's an honor for us because the guys voted and it shows the respect for being here five years and putting in our time and performing on the field," Hass told the Gazette Times. "I've seen guys like Ken Simonton, Richard Seigler and Steven Jackson selected as captains, and now it's my turn — it's a big honor."
- Former Oregon State offensive lineman Patrick Wu has transferred to Cornell.
- In response to several high-profile criminal cases
involving football players -- and after making assurances of accountability
to both state and student legislators -- the Oregon State Athletic
Department has drafted a new disciplinary policy for student athletes...more
from the Barometer.
Register Guard |
- It's time to celebrate accountability. Yippee!
It's time to celebrate Oregon State. OSU, our hat's off to you!
It's time to celebrate the media. What? Bear with us...more from the Seattle Times.