- Forward Jack McGillis signed a financial agreement to play
for the men's team.
"I've been in contact with them for awhile, and I went down there this past weekend on an official visit. I just liked everything about it." ... more from the Missoulian | more from the Gazette Times
- Fox Sports Northwest announced that they will televise The Shriners
East-West All-Star Football game, which features some of the top
small-school high school athletes in Oregon. The all-star event will
be broadcast starting at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 6, at Bulldog Memorial
Stadium in Baker City...more from
- Crater's Cody Clark, a tight-end/linebacker, is receiving
interest from many of the Pac-10 schools, including Oregon State...more
from the Mail Tribune.
- He put the initials on his thumbs. An "A" on the left, a "P" on the
right. "So every time I put the ball on the tee to kick off," Alexis Serna says, "I saw them and thought of him."
Which, of course, was better than thinking of those three missed extra-point attempts...more from Matt Hayes of the Sporting News.
- The Joe Beaver Radio show reported that Bob DeCarolis is talking
with Michigan about a two for one deal.
- NationalChamps.net rated the Beaver receiving core as the fifth best in
- Go Beavs!
- The Oregon House voted unanimously to end a lottery sports betting game that, says a bill sponsor, could open the doors for future NCAA tournaments to take place in Portland...more from the Portland Business Journal.
- Go Beavs!