- Go Beavs!
- College football coaches are constantly required
to make difficult calls. Whether it's deciding between defensive formations
or personnel groupings, making "the right call" can mean the difference
between success and failure...more
from Andy Darkins.
- Four players, Kevin Maher, John Breza,
Zach Tatman, and Taylor Kavanaugh, all
plan on attending Oregon State to play football and will
participate in the Les
Schwab Bowl Saturday.
- The Seattle Seahawks signed offensive lineman Doug Nienhuis.
- Recruit Kevin Maher
cleared things up with
BF.com stating that we will most likely be headed the JUCO route.
- The Oregon State/Louisville
kickoff has been set at 9 a.m. PDT and will air on ESPN or ESPN2 on
Sat., Sept. 17
- It'll be easy for most to dismiss the Beavers. After all, how can they
improve on their 7-5 season after losing long-time starting quarterback
Derek Anderson, pass rushing terror Bill Swancutt, and most of a
fine secondary while trying to rebuild the nation's worst rushing attack?
It's a bit much to say that they've reloaded, but they'll be awfully good if
some top newcomers can get the job done right away...more
- Defensive end Bill Swancutt will be
awarded a Pac-10 medal< for his achievement in scholarship,
athletics and leadership.
- Junior college wide receiver Tyrell Smith, whom the Beavers
not qualify academically at San Diego State this year.
- Former Oregon State basketball great Brent Barry helped the Spurs
to their third championship in seven years.
- Go Beavs!
- And on that hot day in May, Kevin Riley was smart enough to duck under
the only shade he could find on the practice field at Stanford University.
That pretty much sums up how Riley transformed himself from a talented but overlooked high school quarterback into a college prospect...more from The Oregonian.