- Tight end Joe Newton was named to the
John Mackey Award Watch List.
- Quarterback Matt Moore has set a lofty goal. He would like
to break some
of Derek Anderson's passing records.
- DT Wilson Holman and OL Ian Brinker will
not be with the program
this fall. Holman did not qualify and Brinker quit football.
- Wide receiver Keston Cheathem
officially joined the program.
- Quarterback recruit Tyler Lyon has narrowed his list down to
Arizona and Oregon State.
- Quarterback recruit Jake Locker verbaled to the Huskies.
- The Beavers were
picked to finish seventh in the conference at the annual Pac-10
Conference media day. more:
Tucson Citizen |
Sacramento Bee |
San Jose Mercury |
- Former Beaver strength and conditioning coach Trent Greener is
now the strength and conditioning coach at Washington.
- East Coast bias? Maybe.
Read the Tucson Citizen's article about why the Pac-10 is one of the top
conferences in the nation.
- Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune
the Beaver football team position by position.
- Oregon State football coach Mike Riley clarified his quarterback
situation this week during the Pacific-10 Conference meetings.
Junior college transfer Matt Moore will start the season opener on Sept. 3 in rebuilt Reser Stadium against Portland State, Riley said. Moore's attempting to replace OSU's most decorated passer, Derek Anderson...more from the Corvallis Gazette Times.
- Playing in the shadow of two-time defending national champion USC has
not been a walk in the park for the other teams in the Pacific 10
With the Trojans owning a conference-record 15-game winning streak, Pac-10 opponents have had to deal with the growing perception around the country that the league is filled with inferior teams...more from the LA Times.
- Former Beaver tight end Tim Euhus is fully healed from his knee
injury and is
performing well in training camp.
- Former Beaver running back Steven Jackson aka Big Train is also
knocking over defenders and getting ready for a big year. Jackson
was also named one of 15
Breakout Players of the Year by SI.com.
- Former Beaver quarterback Derek Anderson is also doing fine in
training camp. Read updates on him at
- Vote for the greatest games since 1998 at
OSUBeavers.com and get a chance at winning a $250 shopping spree.
- Philip Ricci ushered in a new era of basketball in Galt with the
completion of the first annual Philip Ricci and Friends All-Star Basketball
Camp at McCaffrey Middle School on Friday...more
from Lodi-News Sentinell.
- A bill that would
eliminate Oregon's state lottery sports betting game is now in the full
Senate. With the betting game removed it would allow the state to try
and attract NCAA tournament games.