- Don’t you have to feel good for Jose Cortez? I hope he sticks this
- Will running backs having cool names (i.e. Yvenson/Jimtavis) be the key
that unlocks the running game? Having cool names will help but better production
from the offensive line will help more.
- Will emulating Bill Swancutt’s hand shake thing be the trick to replacing
him at defensive end? It is a start.
- Will Beaver fans commit mass suicide if the Beavers lose to PSU?
- When it comes to Montgomery Gentry are you supposed to say she, he or them?
- Will the Beavers play in the Rose Bowl this year? Once (10/22/2005), twice
(01/01/2006) is a little less sure.
- Will having a national championship and a Player of the Year award under
his belt make the starting quarterback complacent or will it make him even
hungrier? Oops, I accidentally borrowed that question from McMinnville’s
Big Daddy Purple.
- Which post-bye week Beaver team will emerge this year? The bye week killed
the Beavs two years ago but rejuvenated them last year.
- Will the pseudo-die-hard Beaver football fans lose that honeymoon feeling
if the Beavs lose lots of games early on? I’m thinking that Beaver fans
will stick with the team even if they have a rough start. The team started
out not so good last year but played well in every game after the bye week.
I think that they would have beat USC if the fog hadn’t lifted. Of course
if a frog had wings…
- Could there be any bigger position question mark than cornerback? Young
men playing this position have the opportunity to be heroes or goats. There
is no in-between at that position, just ask the 2003 Oregon Ducks.
- How big would a decent running game be for the Beavers this year? You have
to hand it to Derek Anderson. Most every person in most every stadium during
most every game knew he was going to pass most every play and he still got
the job done. The same thing could be said for his pass blockers. A reliable,
ground gobbling, clock eating, running game would take a lot of pressure off
of the Beaver quarterbacks and would relieve some of the pressure on the defense.
- Isn’t it weird how tight end went from the one of the deepest to
one of the shallowest positions in such a short time? Dan Haines has shown
that he can get the job done, let’s hope that he stays healthy.
- Isn’t it nice how the linebacker corps seems to get restocked with
good players every year? Bray, Scott (maybe), Ellison, Doggett, Darkins, Darlin,
this unit is deep and talented.
- Is there a better punter in the nation that Sam Puntlescu? I don’t
- Are Sam and the rest of the Special Team personnel glad that he won’t
be kicking to Reggie Bush this year? I am.
- Will possums be allowed into the newly remodeled Reser? What about my pet
- Shouldn’t the Beaver head in the middle of the field be turned the
other way now that the high rollers are sitting on a different side?
- Can the Beavers lose a home game and go to a bowl game? Let me give you
the short answer. No.
- Is everyone happy that there haven’t been any recent news stories
that have the phrases “OSU football player” and “Headline
Café” in them?
- Am I pumped up to get this season underway? Let me give you the semi-short
answer- See you next Saturday.
You want answers, I have questions
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Following the Future: Week 10BeaverBlitz.com will touch base with the 2017 & 2018 commits weekly to hear how they did during the week. Keep tabs with our popular Following the Future weekly feature.
Three-Star DB talks Pac-12 commitmentLos Angeles (Calif.) Cathedral defensive back Jeffrey Manning committed to Oregon State on Monday and said there were several reasons why he chose the Beavers.
Scout FootballYesterday at 7:36 PM
Video: Coach Andersen Monday PresserCoach Andersen met with the press on Monday to discuss the Beavers next opponent in Washington State.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 7:27 PM
Savage talks recruiting and upcoming visitsOver the past month and a half, we have seen a slew of offers come out of Valley Football Center to junior college prospects. One offer that should intrigue Beaver Nation went out…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:06 PM