- Junior SS Shamon Jamerson was on the sidelines in sweat pants and a t-shirt.
He was testing the ankle by running some passing routes on the side. He was
limping quit a bit, but looks like he will be back for fall practice.
- Junior WR James Newson wore #1 today at practice and looked extremely good.
He continued to run crisp routes and was on the end of many Derek Anderson
- Junior WR Kenny Farley wore #2 on Tuesday.
- Redshirt freshman QB Matt Dickinson and sophomore QB Ryan Kanekeberg took
a few snaps. Both looked rusty and under threw many passes.
- Newson had an excellent catch across the middle where the ball was tipped
around. He stayed with it, caught it, and took it to the endzone.
- The defensive line continued its dominance over the offensive line. In most
of the drills the offensive linemen were pushed over by the defensive linemen.
- Sophomore LB Jonathan Pollard and sophomore LB Seth Lacey had a "team"
interception today. Pollard tipped the ball around and ended up with the ball
behind his back. Pollard tipped the ball up were Lacey could catch it.
- Sophomore QB Adam Rothenfluh did not look good Tuesday. He repeatedly overthrew
his receivers, although none of his passes where intercepted.
- Sophomore QB Derek Anderson continued to impress. He is throwing hard and
- Senior LT Lee Davis was yelled at on Tuesday's practice after he got beat
by a defensive lineman for a sack. Erickson asked Davis when he was going
to start to compete.
- Senior WR Shawn Kitner got his hands on a lot of balls, but could not hold
on as he was stripped numerous times by the secondary.
- Sophomore LB Jonathan Pollard played a couple of series for the first team
defense. He replaced senior LB Erik Tuma.
- Sophomore RB Steven Jackson did not run with any of the teams today during
the scrimmage. But he was seen eating in the cafeteria after practice and
he appeared to be okay.
- Senior PK Ryan Cesca made 2 of 3 field goals. Junior PK Kirk Yliniemi went
0 for 2 and did not look very good. His kicks are very flat and they would
probably be blocked during a game.
- Junior PK Mike White kicked at the end of scrimmage. He missed his only
field goal attempt. He had enough leg, but the ball sailed wide left.
- Dennis Erickson continued to encourage the players to come to practice mentally prepared. "If you want to win a national championship or go to the Rose Bowl, you have to come to practice mentally prepared."
BeaverBytes from Day 8
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Opening Oakland: Clips of Isaac HodginsEl Sobrante (Calif.) --- Scout was at the Opening Regional in Oakland and captured highlights of three-star defensive lineman Isaac Hodgins...
Scout FootballFriday at 10:18 AM
Opening Oakland: Clips of Jake DukartEl Sobrante (Calif.) --- Scout was at the Opening Regional in Oakland and captured highlights of 2018 quarterback Jake Dukart...
Scout FootballFriday at 10:11 AM
Tupuola-Fetui talks OSU visit & recruitmentZion Tupuola-Fetui recently made a trip to see the Oregon State campus, but where do they stand currently? BeaverBlitz has the answers.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 7:48 AM
May War Room: Defensive EndsDefensive end recruiting will be important in the 2018 class as the Beavers look to take as many as three. Who is on the Beaver's radar?
BeaverBlitzThursday at 3:11 PM
Wynn signs with ArgonautsFormer Beaver defensive lineman Dylan Wynn has signed a contract with the Toronto Argonauts in the Canadian Football League.
BeaverBlitzThursday at 8:43 AM