- Sophomore LB Jonathan Pollard and Sophomore LB Seth Lacey played on the
first team. Senior LB Erik Tuma did not play with the first team at the scrimmage.
- Junior WR James Newson was back to wearing #2 and junior WR Kenny Farley
was back to wearing #1.
- There were numerous scuffles today between the offense and defense. The
most I have ever witnessed at any practice so far. A couple of the more flamboyant
ones involved redshirt freshman CB Jamaal Jackson and junior WR Kenny Farley.
The other intense scuffle involved redshirt freshman TE Dan Haines and sophomore
CB Aric Williams. Most of the scuffles are broken up pretty quickly. None of the
players have done anything stupid, they have just let their emotions get the
best of them for a few minutes.
- Senior CB Terrell Roberts hurt his knee in practice. It is not known how
severe the injury is. Aric Williams replaced him on the first team.
- Sophomore QB Derek Anderson and senior WR Shawn Kitner hooked up for a beautiful
touchdown. Anderson made a perfect throw over the cornerback. Kitner showed
great concentration in catching the ball as the cornerback flew in front of
him trying to deflect the ball.
- Redshirt freshman TE Dan Haines showed excellent footwork on the sidelines
after catching a pass from Adam Rothenfluh on the roll out. Haines kept his
body in control as the linebacker went flying by to pick up an extra 5 yards.
- Halfway through the practice I was told cameras were not allowed because
Coach Dennis Erickson requested it.
- Sophomore RB Steven Jackson had some excellent runs. The offensive line
game him some holes to run through, so Jackson could get going a few times.
A couple of times Jackson showed his speed by out running the defenders to
- Going back to the offensive line...they showed improvement opening up numerous
wholes for the running backs to run through. Although the offensive line showed
improvement the defense still dominated.
- The offense and defense practiced in the redzone today. The first team was
the only team to score on any defense while in the redzone.
- Sophomore QB Ryan Kanekeberg continued to receive more snaps. Kanekeberg
had an excellent 25-yd touchdown pass to redshirt freshman WR Travis Brown.
His throws are not as hard Andersons, but they get the job done. They remind
me of a "Jonathan Smith spiral." Kanekeberg also showed some mobility
in the pocket, scrambling for 25 yards.
- Injured senior SS Calvin Carlyle was very excited on the sidelines today.
He looked like he wanted to go out and hit somebody even though he did not
have any pads on.
- Junior LB Richard Seigler continued to talk an immense amount of trash today.
At one point he held junior RT Isaac Aronson down as he yelled in his face.
- The offense and defense also worked on the goal line Wednesday. The first team offense scored on their first attempt, but failed on the rest. The second and third team offense did not score on any of the defenses.
BeaverBytes from Day 9
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Pre-visit: Bowcut locked inOfficial visitors will begin arriving on campus this afternoon. BeaverBlitz checks in with local commit Josh Bowcut to get his thoughts before the visit this weekend.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 9:23 AM
Pre-visit: Pututau talks OSU visitOregon State will be hosting Utah athlete Taniela Pututau this weekend on an official visit. We caught up with him to get his thoughts on the Beavers.
BeaverBlitzThursday at 8:44 AM
Pre-visit: Wellsfry Ready For OfficialCoaches are gearing up for another week of official visitors to the Oregon State campus, including offensive line commit Brock Wellsfry. BeaverBlitz checks in to see what he's…
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 3:26 PM
Following the Future: Week 15BeaverBlitz.com will touch base with the 2017 commits weekly to hear how they did during the week. Keep tabs with our popular Following the Future weekly feature.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 3:10 PM
Beavs in the NFL: Week 12Keep tabs on all of your favorite former Oregon State players who are continuing their football careers in the NFL.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 9:14 AM