- The winning team has tallied 44 points or more in five of the last nine meetings.
- The Ducks have not won back to back Civil War's since the 1996 and 1997
- Oregon State's last victory in
Eugene was a 15-13 victory in 1993. The Ducks are on a five game home
Civil War winning streak.
- The first Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State was played in 1894.
Oregon State won 16-0.
- Oregon holds a 54-44-10 series lead. The Beavers have a 22-25-3 record
in Eugene and a 18-26-5 record in Corvallis.
- Oregon State and Oregon did not play in 1900, 1901, 1911, 1943, and 1944.
- The average score of the Civil War is Oregon 14, Oregon State 11.
- There have been ten ties between Oregon and Oregon State.
- The last eight games have been won by the home team.
- The most points scored by the winning team is 50 when Oregon State
scored that number in 2004.
- The most points Oregon has won by is 44 points in 1895 with the score Oregon
44, Oregon State 0.
- The most points Oregon State has won by is 37 points in 1942 with the score
Oregon 2, Oregon State 39.
- Oregon and Oregon State played each other twice in 1896. Oregon won
both contests, 2-0 and 12-8.
- The Beavers dominated the annual series for several decades as the Men
in Black went 8-1-1 in the '60s, 6-3 in the 40s and 6-3-1 in the '50s.
The Ducks dominated the 1980s going 8-1-1 and the 1990's going 7-3.
- The longest winning streak by Oregon over Oregon State is eight from 1976
- The longest winning streak by Oregon State over Oregon is eight from 1964
to 1971. The second longest is five games twice from 1949-1953 and
- Oregon and Oregon State have shut each other out five times.
- Oregon has shutout Oregon State 28 times, including ties.
- Oregon State has shutout Oregon 16 times, including ties.
- From 1990-1993 the away team won the Civil War.
- The 1982 tie between Oregon and Oregon State is the last in NCAA history
because of the Kansas rules.
- The Civil War is the longest running rivalry on the west coast and the seventh
longest running rivalry in the nation.
- In 1983 the teams tied 0-0 in the infamous "Toilet Bowl," that left the teams with a combined six wins for the season.
109th Civil War - Civil War Quick Facts
Quick Facts about the Longest Running Rivalry on the West Coast
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Spring 17: Day 6 RecapSaturday marked the sixth day of practice for the Beavers. Who stood out?
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 6:34 PM
Video: Manase HungaluSenior linebacker Manase Hungalu talks about helping the young guys learn the Beavers defense.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 1:58 PM
PAC 12 Champs!The Women's Basketball team secured a third straight PAC 12 Championship with a win over Stanford.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 9:07 PM
Signee Capsule: Jeffrey ManningTime to breakdown the film of defensive back signee Jeffrey Manning, who signed his letter of intent to play for Oregon State earlier in the month.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 5:52 AM