- The winning team has tallied 44 points or more in five of the last nine meetings.
- The Ducks have not won back to back Civil War's since the 1996 and 1997
- Oregon State's last victory in
Eugene was a 15-13 victory in 1993. The Ducks are on a five game home
Civil War winning streak.
- The first Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State was played in 1894.
Oregon State won 16-0.
- Oregon holds a 54-44-10 series lead. The Beavers have a 22-25-3 record
in Eugene and a 18-26-5 record in Corvallis.
- Oregon State and Oregon did not play in 1900, 1901, 1911, 1943, and 1944.
- The average score of the Civil War is Oregon 14, Oregon State 11.
- There have been ten ties between Oregon and Oregon State.
- The last eight games have been won by the home team.
- The most points scored by the winning team is 50 when Oregon State
scored that number in 2004.
- The most points Oregon has won by is 44 points in 1895 with the score Oregon
44, Oregon State 0.
- The most points Oregon State has won by is 37 points in 1942 with the score
Oregon 2, Oregon State 39.
- Oregon and Oregon State played each other twice in 1896. Oregon won
both contests, 2-0 and 12-8.
- The Beavers dominated the annual series for several decades as the Men
in Black went 8-1-1 in the '60s, 6-3 in the 40s and 6-3-1 in the '50s.
The Ducks dominated the 1980s going 8-1-1 and the 1990's going 7-3.
- The longest winning streak by Oregon over Oregon State is eight from 1976
- The longest winning streak by Oregon State over Oregon is eight from 1964
to 1971. The second longest is five games twice from 1949-1953 and
- Oregon and Oregon State have shut each other out five times.
- Oregon has shutout Oregon State 28 times, including ties.
- Oregon State has shutout Oregon 16 times, including ties.
- From 1990-1993 the away team won the Civil War.
- The 1982 tie between Oregon and Oregon State is the last in NCAA history
because of the Kansas rules.
- The Civil War is the longest running rivalry on the west coast and the seventh
longest running rivalry in the nation.
- In 1983 the teams tied 0-0 in the infamous "Toilet Bowl," that left the teams with a combined six wins for the season.
109th Civil War - Civil War Quick Facts
Quick Facts about the Longest Running Rivalry on the West Coast
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
The Opening Finals: Oregon State TargetsNike Football will once again host The Opening Finals at Nike Headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon. Which participants should Beavers fans be watching?
Welch Makes Impression at All Poly CampHonolulu (Hawaii) Kamehameha three-star defensive lineman Jonah Welch impressed at All Poly Camp earlier this month and has a few schools standing out early on in his recruitment..…
Scout FootballYesterday at 3:51 PM
Georgia Athlete Talks Oregon State OfferWhen you pick up an offer to play college football following you freshman year, you're a special talent. Such is the case of Victor Pless as Oregon State became the first program…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:13 AM
Arias Down to SixMill Creek (Wash.) Henry M. Jackson wide receiver Daniel Arias released his top six on Monday. Who all made the cut?
BeaverBlitzMonday at 1:40 PM