Oregon State 78, Texas Pan America 54.
In their final game before the start of conference play the Beavers took care of the ball and business as they crushed Texas Pan America by over 20 points. It was Oregon State's third straight win, their longest streak of the season, as 11 players on the roster played 10 minutes or more.
Coach Jay John - "We've prepared ourselves, and we've made progress as a team through 11 games. We haven't played a team like that in respect to changing defenses all the time. To recognize defenses all the time and play a game with only eight turnovers, I thought we did a good job with our patience."
At Oregon on Saturday, Dec. 31. Tipoff is at 1:00 p.m.
Previous Beaver game.
Defeated Western Michigan 73-68.
|Top performers for Oregon State.||Top performers for Texas Pan-Am.|
Scoring - Sasa Cuic, 20 points
Rebounding - Sasa Cuic, 6 rebounds
Assists - Three with three assists
Scoring - C Lien, 18 points
Rebounding - C Gaither, 7 rebounds
Assists - L Sheppard, 4 assists
- Junior forward Kyle Jeffers is playing through a sprained knee.
- Junior forward Michael Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a broken bone in his
right foot. As of late December, he has started to practice with the
- Freshman point guard Josh Tarver is out six weeks with a broken right foot. As of late December, he has started to practice with the team.
Beaver record watch.
Coach Jay John
Needs one win for 50 as head coach at Oregon State ... Needs six wins for 400 in his 23-year coaching career (both head and assistant jobs).
Guard Chris Stephens
Needs one point to become OSUs 32nd player with 1,000 points ... Needs 22 three-pointers to break OSUs career record (Deaundra Tanner had 179).
Guard Lamar Hurd
Needs 11 assists to break into OSUs career top 10 ... Needs to play in 18 games to move into OSUs career top 10.
OSU needs five home wins for 500 all-time at Gill Coliseum.
News and notes.
- The Beavers turned the ball over just 8 times compared to the Broncos
- Jack McGillis shot a perfect 2 of 2 from the field, including 1 of 1 from
three point range. He also was 4 of 4 from the free throw line.
- Nick DeWitz tied a team record by blocking six shots against Texas Pan
- For the first time this season Chris Stephens did not score a point. In 20
minutes of play he only attempted three shots.
- OSU led 40-26 at halftime.