- The Gazette Times have been writing many articles the past week about Oregon
State football camp. A selection of the articles follows:
Steven Jackson | Boiling Point | Secondary School | Richard Seigler | OSU Building on Recent Fortunes | A fans perspective
- Brooks Hatch of the Gazette Times wrote an article earlier this week about
OSU's walk-ons. This is a great article to get yourself familiar with Beavers
without a scholarship. Taking
- Oregon State quarterback, Shayne House, retired from college football on
August 8 due to his nagging shoulder injury. Chronic
injury ends Houses career.
- Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com, wrote a scathing article about the Ducks
last Friday. If you haven't read the article, it is well worth your time.
If you have already read the article, it is worth it to read the article again.
of times, worst of Oregon's Times Square billboard.
- Discussion has already started between Fresno State and Oregon State fans.
A detailed write up of the Dawgs and Beavers was composed by FSDawg this week.
or disagree with his evaluation?
- Four of the seven Beaver home games have been sold out. There are tickets
left for Eastern Kentucky, UNLV and Arizona. Tickets
- As a result of Oregon State opening the 2002 football season on a Thursday
night, instead of a normal Saturday starting time, several changes will go
into effect for parking in an around Reser Stadium for Thursday, August 29.
Announces Parking Plan Changes For Football.
- The Beavers held their first scrimmage on Wednesday. All the reports follow:
Defense Dominates (OSUBeavers.com) | Statistics from scrimmage
Solid first look (Gazette-Times)
Defense shines (Oregonian)
OSU fans get a peek (Statesman Journal)
- The Oregon State coaches show begins on August 20. Check the press release
to see if your local radio station will carry the broadcast. For the Portland/Metropolitan
area the broadcast can be heard on 1190 KEX. Coaches
Show Begins August 20.
Beavers update - The latest on Chad, TJ, Jose, Ladairis, and James.
- The Bend Bulletin ran an article on G Mike Kuykendall on the eagerness of
the Beavers this year. The
Beavers couldn't be more eager.
- Richard Seigler had some words for the Ducks in an interview with the Portland
football players polish their bad act.
- Kirk Herbstreit's the
best of the best for 2002, some Beavers mentioned. Plus, who doesn't love
- When you're a physically unimposing college football star who wants to remain
in the game when the eligibility runs out, there are generally two options
to consider. OSU'S
Smith stays in football by coaching. Another article on Jonathan Smith
by the Mail Tribune came out late last week. Outgoing
QB Smith not done guiding OSU fortunes.
- CNNSI.com has good things to say about the Beavers in their Pac-10
- Eastern Kentucky published information on their first scrimmage. It was
exactly the opposite of the Beavers scrimmage on Wednesday. The
offense dominated for the Colonels.
- What are the national publications saying about the Beavers? Find out in
- Recruiting updates: Hughes
still wide open (premium) | Catching
Up With Two-Sport Star Andre Jordan
- Believer Tim came out with his first article on Thursday. Are
you ready for some football?
- Injury report:
-- Cole Clasen is out 3-4 weeks with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee.
-- Henry Anderson is out 8-10 weeks with a broken arm.
- Oregon State made two trips to Sun Devil Stadium in 2001. The Beavers wish
the most recent was the distant memory. On New Year's Day last year, Oregon
State arrived nationally in a 41-9 Fiesta Bowl triumph over Notre Dame that
set up Sports Illustrated's misguided No. 1 preseason ranking. Ten months
later, Oregon State was back in Tempe and providing Arizona State with its
only PAC-10 win. Beavers
look to return to top of PAC-10
- It has been 12 years now. Twelve years since the last drink of alcohol.
Twelve years since the last rush of methamphetamine. Twelve years since Jess
Lewis got his life back after nearly 20 years as a drug addict. A
life worth saving.
walked on -- then he climbed. An article about senior linebacker, Erik
- Raised in a single-parent home, with the lure of the fast life at his doorstep,
Dennis Weathersby never strayed. All I could think of was going to school,
doing my work, going home, then going to play football, says Weathersby,
the outstanding Oregon State cornerback and student. Weathersby
lived by the rules, became role model.
- Hey, the guy's from Las Vegas. What did you expect? Steven Rashad Jackson
is a healthy specimen of a young man, standing 6-feet-1 and weighing 227 pounds.
for Jackson to ante up.
- OSU quarterback Anton Clarkson is looking good during fall camp. He has
a strong arm and good mobility.
- Calvin Carlyle, underwent an MRI on Monday and sat out three practices,
but is now practicing with the team.
- James Newson, Richard Seigler, Nick Barnett and Eric Manning were selected as the Beavers team captains for the 2002 football season.
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Ortiz Signs With RavensRicky Ortiz has signed an undrafted free agent deal with the Baltimore Ravens.
Chappell Signs with ChiefsThe Kansas City Chiefs added former Oregon State safety Devin Chappell on Saturday during free agent signings.
Bolden and Stanton Sign Free Agent DealsFormer Beavers Victor Bolden and Dustin Stanton were the latest to land on NFL rosters. Get the latest here.
Decoud to TexansDefensive back Treston Decoud is the second Beaver to be taken in the NFL Draft, in the fifth round to Houston.
Harlow to the FalconsOffensive lineman Sean Harlow is the first Beaver off the draft board in the 2017 NFL Draft. Atlanta picked him up with the 136th pick.