NOTE: Be sure to check the Hot News updates for more news and notes.
- Oregon State won the toss and deferred; Hawaii defended the south end zone.
- The game was a sellout (46,683), Hawaii's first since last year's season
opener against USC.
- Weather: 79 degrees, wind ENE at 18 mph, light showers.
- The Beavers now lead the series 4-3 with every game being played in Hawaii.
- Hawaii will play at Reser Stadium in 2008.
- The offense did not turn the ball over. QB Matt Moore completed 11 of 17
passes for 245 yards and three touchdowns with zero interceptions. Moore has
not thrown an interception in 161 attempts.
- The Beavers scored three touchdowns that covered 21 yards or more.
- RB Yvenson Bernard had his sixth 100-yard rushing game
this year racking up 108 yards and one touchdown on 20 carries.
- WR Sammie Stroughter had his fifth 100-yard receiving game
this season catching three passes for 106 yards and one touchdown.
- TE Joe Newton caught his first touchdown since November
and grabbed his first two passes in four games. He finished with two catches
for 44 yards and one score.
- LG Jeremy Perry hurt his left knee late in the fourth quarter and was helped off of the field.
- Oregon State sacked Brennan six times bumping their Pac-10 leading total
to 42. Before Saturday's game Hawaii had yielded just 18 sacks in the previous
- DE Dorian Smith added three sacks bumping his team high
- Three players had 10 or more tackles. LB Derrick Doggett
lead all players with 12 stops while SS Sabby Piscitelli
and LB Joey LaRocque added 10 a piece.
- Piscitelli picked off Brennan twice to bump his career
interception total to 15. Brennan had thrown only nine interceptions heading
into the game.
- The defense yielded only nine points in the second half.
- LB Alan Darlin sat with a shoulder stinger. Sophomore Bryant
Cornell took his place in the lineup.
- DE Joe Lemma rested his ankle. Junior Naymon Frank took his place in the starting lineup.
Special Teams Notes:
- Gerard Lawson returned a kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown
tying the school record set by Ray Taroli (1971) and Tim
Alexander (1998). It was his first kickoff for a touchdown in his
career and the kickoff return for a score against UH since 2001. Lawson averaged
49.6 yards on three returns.
- For the first time this season Alexis Serna did not attempt
a field goal.
- P Kyle Loomis averaged 52.7 yards per punt.
- Oregon State ended Hawaii's school record nine game win streak and gave
UH their first home loss since Nov. 25, 2005 (Wisconsin).
- The Beavers have won their last seven of eight games.
- OSU never trailed and led by as much at 17.
- Hawaii led in time of possession (38:16 to 21:44), first downs (31-17),
passing yardage (401-245) and total offense (504-316). They did not punt the
entire game, the fifth time they have done that this year.
- UH had 10 possessions and entered OSU's redzone nine times.
- There was only one punt in the first half.
- The game was the last regular season game of the 2006 season.
- The Warriors had three drives that lasted 10 plays or more.