- TFYDraftPreview.com provided some game notes from the Oregon State/Temple
game that took place last Thursday. The article gave a run down on what Beavers
NFL scouts are looking at. The premium article can be found at http://nfldraft.theinsiders.com/2/62703.html.
- TFYDraftPreview.com also provided a non-premium article on Beavers being
looked at by NFL scouts. Scouts
- Fox Sports Net has elected to broadcast the Sept. 21 game between Oregon
State and Fresno State from Reser Stadium. Kickoff will be at 3:37 p.m...Fox
Sports Net to Air Sept. 21 Game with Fresno State.
- Fox Sports Northwest's Sideline Pass, featuring Oregon State University
football, debuts Sunday, Sept. 15 at 9 p.m. The one hour show is hosted by
Scott Lynn and former Beaver standout quarterback Steve Preece...Fox
Sports NW Sideline Pass Airs.
- They lead the nation in pass efficiency defense and interceptions, they're
third in turnover margin and sixth in fewest points allowed. No one has scored
a touchdown against them this season, and they just...Beaver
defense hopes to keep intensity.
- It isn't just coincidence that during Oregon State's sensational
2000 season the Beavers finished fourth in the nation with a plus-18 turnover
ratio. Or that last season, as they stumbled to 5-6, they were 98th in the
same department (minus-8)...Beavers
once again profit on turnovers.
- Pac-10 Notes from various sources:
Register Guard | ESPN | USAToday | CNNSI
- CollegeFootballNews.com came out with their updated bowl projections. They
have the Beavers playing in the Insight.com Bowl against Notre Dame. Updated
Bowl Projections. (I'd rather have the Beavers play in the Las Vegas Bowl!)
- Several Beavers are on trophy watch lists for some of college football's
most prestigious awards. Richard Seigler and Dennis Weathersby have a shot
at winning one of the postseason trophies, but who are the other Beavers up
for post season awards?...Beavers
on trophy watch lists.
- Two recruits could be on the verge of committing to the Beavers...Oregon
Athlete could be close to deciding.
- The Beavers are leading the PAC-10 in a number of statistical categories.
A summary can be found in The
Toe's weekly, around the PAC-10 article.
- Things You Might
Have Missed at the Temple Game...
- September 11 Tributes
Believer Tim | Big Daddy Orange | Gazette-Times | Spokesman Review
- I smell cupcakes. The kickoff of non-conference play lately has brought
the same thing: A low-level whine about the steady lack of big-time football
programs on the schedule for Oregon State prior to Pac 10 play. Some of it
comes from OSU fans who are eager for the Beavers to take their "rightful"
place as a dominant national program. Some of it comes from Oregon State fans
who feel that the current slate is simply beneath the program at it's current
level. Some of it comes from sportswriters, likening OSU to Kansas State.
But most of it comes from fans of other PAC 10 schools, which will remain
nameless...for the sake of argument we'll call them USC, UW, UCLA, and Oregon.
Then again, maybe they won't remain nameless, maybe I'll just call them out....Bring
on the Cupcakes
- BeaverFootball.com premiered a new weekly feature that will give Beaver
fans an update on how ex-Beaver football players are doing in the NFL. NFL
Beaver Update - Week 1.
- As a kid, Richard Seigler would circle Sam Boyd Stadium on his bicycle,
just happy to weave through the hubbub on UNLV football game days. When he
went inside the stadium one day while in high school, he attended his only
college game before becoming a college player himself...Beavers
- It might take Oregon State a few minutes to get acclimated during Saturday's
game against UNLV. After all, the Beavers aren't used to playing this
late in the week.
OSU's first two games — victories over Eastern Kentucky at home and on the road at Temple — were Thursday nights. It might be an adjustment to get back into the Saturday game routine...Beavers get back to usual game day.
That college football program housed in Las Vegas, UNLV, rolled the dice with Steven Jackson and lost.
"The final decision came down to UNLV and Oregon State," said Jackson, now a sophomore tailback with the Beavers who has begun the 2002 season with back-to-back 100-yard rushing games...Las Vegas' loss is Beavers' gain.
- There is the earnest Tim Euhus, the guy who stays late at football practice
and concentrates so hard on technique that Oregon State coaches tell him not
to overthink things...Euhus
most happy just being himself.
- Oregon State University men's basketball head coach Jay John announced Wednesday that Sal Vance of Oakland, Calif., and Chris Stephens of Portland will join the program for the 2002-2003 season. John also announced Justin Holt of Tacoma, Wash., will not enroll...Men's Basketball Makes Roster Moves.
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
The X-Factor: ColoradoWhat player and position group hold the key to help the Beavers win their PAC 12 opener at Colorado? BeaverBlitz takes a look at this week's X-Factors.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 11:15 AM
2018 running back likes what he saw at OSUA number of current high school juniors from the Willamette Valley are on the Beavers radar and took in the Beavers game against Boise State last weekend.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 9:17 AM
Behind Enemy Lines: ColoradoOregon State travels to Boulder, Colorado for their PAC 12 opener on Saturday, and as we do each week, we check in with an expert who covers the opponent in our weekly "Behind…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:53 AM
CB's ready for tough Colorado testThe Oregon State secondary will have a big test this weekend as they face Colorado. Cornerback coach Cory Hall believes his corners are ready for the challenge, including senior…
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 2:55 PM
Receivers continue to be a work in progressThe Oregon State receivers continue to be a work in progress this season as the staff looks for the right combination of players to have on the field.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 1:52 PM