- As expected QB recruit Jake Gelakoska will not be in Corvallis
this fall as he failed to met the Division-I minimum requirement for grade-point
average. The OSU coaches are still in contact with him though and have advised him to go to
a junior college to get his grades up. Read more from the Everett
- CB Coye Francies has been suspended indefinitely for violating
team rule leaving depth at the cornerback positions thin. A good thread debating
Francies' importance to the team has started on the football board: Francies
- Corvallis Gazette Times reporter Brooks Hatch had several
interesting bits of interesting information about Reser Stadium and surrounding
areas in his blog last week.
- The installation of the new ribbon scoreboard on the Valley Football
Center has started.
- With the expansion of the sound end zone and the construction of the
Gill Annex about 110 parking spots have been eliminated. Additional parking
will be available at 17th Street and Western.
- The school is working with the city of Corvallis to use Berg
Park on Highway 20/34 as a free park and ride during football games.
- Football season tickets are set to be mailed during the first week of
- A ESPN GameDay crew will also be on campus during the second week of
practice to video a feature on the kidney donation by offensive coordinator
Danny Langsdorf to Laurie Cavanaugh, the wife
of offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh.
- The installation of the new ribbon scoreboard on the Valley Football Center has started.
- Single game tickets went on sale Monday. The ticket office
also introduced a three game ticket package for $105 where a fan chooses between
three groups of games: Group 1: Utah or Idaho State, Group 2: Arizona or Stanford,
Group 3: UCLA or Washington. Order online at OSUBeavers.com.
- The Beaver Football Workshop for Women is being offered
Saturday, August 25. The workshop includes classroom instruction with Beaver
coaches, rules and regulations explained by Pac-10 referees, a look at Beaver
football facilities, a Q&A with Beaver coaches' wives, a t-shirt and a
The workshop costs $40, with a portion of the proceeds going to the OHSU Organ Donation program. Registration must be received by Aug. 18. For more details and a registration form visit OSUBeavers.com.
- The OSU marketing department released a commercial and a radio spot promoting
Beaver football last week continuing their "The Fever" theme. The
video, which features Gerard Lawson, Roy Schuening
and Kyle DeVan, can be viewed for free on OSUBeavers.com.
The radio spot can be heard at the official website and on local radio stations,
including 860 AM KPAM.
- Beaver coach Jim Gilstrap passed away last week. He had
been in the hospital since May after undergoing surgery for intestinal cancer.
Gilstrap came to Oregon State for his first stint in 1997 with Riley as the
offensive line coach. He stayed at OSU through the 1998 season and then returned
with Riley in 2003. During his second tenure in Corvallis he coached the offensive
line, running backs and then moved to the coordinator of support services.
Funeral services will be held Thurs., July 26. The family asks that in lieu of flowers, any contributions be sent to the Garfield Elementary School Playground, c/o Heidi Garza, 1205 N.W. Garfield Ave., Corvallis, 97330, or to the Northwest Hill Community Church, c/o Uganda Orphans, 3300 N.W. Walnut Boulevard, Corvallis, 97330.
Online condolences can be made at McHenryFuneralHome.com.
- Heismanpundit.com has some good reading material for the offseason including the Fastest Players in Pads '07 and College Football's Fastest Players. Most include videos of the players feats.
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Signee Capsule: Isaiah HodginsIsaiah Hodgins is already enrolled at Oregon State, but it is never too late to break down his film.
Spring 17: Day 3 RecapThe Beavers returned to the Truax Indoor Facility on Sunday for their third day of Spring Camp. Time to check in on the defense.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 2:33 PM
Spring 17: Titus Failauga Day 3Titus Failauga talks about the Beavers energetic start to Spring Camp 2017.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 2:15 PM
Spring 17: Xavier Crawford Day 3Cornerback Xavier Crawford talks about the start of Spring Camp and what he is doing to build upon the breakout year he had in 2016.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 1:53 PM