- Articles -
- BeaverFootball.com - Notes
- Gazette Times - Veteran defense ready to go | Polk held out of practice | Loomis quits, Serna to punt | Blog notes
- Oregonian - Suddenly wanted: punter | Bernard has it covered | Blog notes
- OSUBeavers.com - Some new faces
- Portland Tribune - OSU punter Kyle Loomis quits team | Canfield ready to take the reins | OSU Notes
- Register Guard - Double duty calls
- Short recap -
The roster shake up continued on the first day of fall camp as starting punter Kyle Loomis quit the team. With Loomis gone and Jon Strowbridge ruled academically ineligible earlier in the week, place-kicker Alexis Serna will assume punting duties.
RB Clinton Polk is not currently on the roster as he has work to do in the classroom. LB Eric Moala Liava'a will redshirt to heal his body, but is expected to return next year. Matt Sieverson changed positions again, this time moving from safety to running back. He started his career at OSU as a receiver.
- Riley says -
On special teams losing Strowbridge, Francies and Loomis - "We take so much pride, and I spend so much time thinking about special teams and wanting it to be good. This has been disruptive. I want it to look good and be good. We were thrown for a loop because we thought we had our guy for three more years. We're caught right now. We are right into the season. And I don't want to detract from what we are doing out here. And I think we'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would do better than Alexis right now — and a guy who I trust more."
|Fall camp essentials:|
|Get your tickets!|
Single game tickets, along with season tickets, family plans and Take 3 plans, are available and may be purchased in person at Gill Coliseum, via the telephone at 1-800-GO-BEAVS or on www.osubeavers.com. Ticket office hours are weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with personnel ready to answer all your questions.