- Articles -
- BeaverFootball.com Notes - http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=182#s=182&f=1108&t=861088
- Gazette Times - Riley waiting to make decision | Backing up Bernard |
- Gazette Times - Scoreboard, baby! |
- Gazette Times - Gill Annex project taking shape | Blog notes
- Oregonian - OSU football Stroughter makes brief appearance href="http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2007/08/sammie_appears_briefly_before.html">Blog notes"> href="http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1187488540275050.xml&coll=7">A little girl's death: Grief, and new life
- OSUBeavers.com - Final scrimmage report
- Short recap -
While Riley remained non-committal on the starting QB, there have been, in trying to read the tea leaves, indications Sean Canfield will eventually be the guy. Canfield worked mostly with the first string yesterday, completing 6 of 13 for 77 yards and a touchdown. Lyle Moevao was 17-for-33 for 213 yard and two TDs, but it was primarily crafted through work on the second string.
In a recurring them this camp, the defense carried the day once again. The No. 1 Beaver D racked up numerous "sacks" and allowed little room to run.
Riley said no decisions have been made at quarterback and backup running back.
A subdued Sammie Stroughter, who has missed 11 days due to personal reasons, made a brief stop in Reser Stadium, watching the team warm up. He looked to leave before the scrimmage began. The Gazette Times reports "teammates tried to speak with him, but he made little contact." Riley spoke with Stroughter before he left, afterward saying he doesn't know if or when Stroughter will return to the team. School officials and Riley requested media to respect his privacy and not attempt to talk to Stroughter.
- Riley says -
"It's not decided right now, I will tell you that," Riley said about the starting quarterback. "I'm not worried about this, I think that we have taken our time and we'll come up with what we think is the right answer."
"I did not like the scrimmage part of execution overall – the procedural part, the fumbles. Besides that, there was some stuff from time-to-time that was encouraging on offense. Defensively we were sound, flew around and tackled well."
|Fall camp essentials::|
|Get your tickets and catch the fever!|
Single game tickets, along with season tickets, family plans and Take 3 plans, are available and may be purchased in person at Gill Coliseum, via the telephone at 1-800-GO-BEAVS or on www.osubeavers.com. Ticket office hours are weekdays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with personnel ready to answer all your questions.