Let’s get the Week 1 play out of the way. I’d like everyone to immediately see the local bookie or place the bet at their favorite offshore online sports book account. The play is the UNDER 52.5 for the Utah at Oregon State game. Why? Because I said so and...I’m a wiseguy. Do you need any other reasons?
Ok, seriously I’ll give you the angles and tell you why you will get paid and be joining me at the cashier. First of all, it’s the first game of the season and that means sloppy play. The Beavers will look to establish the run and work the clock with ball control.
New quarterbacks with little game experience, a monster Oregon State defense, and no Sammie Stroughter is conceivably a recipe for the UNDER.
I’m starting with a bankroll of $10,000 this year. Starting slow, until Bleeda can get pulse on the season. I am only playing $330 to win $300. If you are wandering why, it’s not even money, it’s because of the “juice” the house takes. The casinos aren’t stupid.
Now, how 'bout some prognostications for this college football season?
- West Virginia will win the National Championship and running back Steve Slaton will win the Heisman Trophy.
- Colt Brennan will lead Hawaii to a 11-1 regular season
record, but they will be stuck playing in the trivial Hawaii Bowl versus a
Conference USA fifth place team.
- Florida International of the mighty Sun Belt conference will not win a single
game. Academic wunderkinds Stanford and Duke will only win one game each.
- Oregon State and University of Zero fans will pull off double headers when
they can, watching their respectable teams in the afternoon and then travel
up north to watch Jerry Glanville’s Portland State
Vikings in the evening. These fans will be very inebriated and be found passed
out at the Kingston tavern around midnight.
- USC will lose to Arizona State, but Dennis Erickson’s
Sun Devils will choke at home versus Mike Riley and the Beavers. BeavaBleeda
will claim not to be myopic.
- Notre Dame will play our beloved Oregon State Beavers in the Sun Bowl.
The Domers will continue their bowl game losing streak to us. Irish fans will
spend the night south of the border in Mexico, as they will be too embarrassed
to show their faces to hordes of OSU fans in El Paso.
- Florida will win the SEC East and LSU will win the SEC West. My wife actually
gave me that prediction it was so easy to call.
- The mid-major conferences will continue to be the best place to make money.
Follow the Mid-American Conference handicappers from Michigan. They know people
in important places.
- The new 30-yard line kickoff rule will only last one year.
Good luck everyone with your high risk investments. Remember, it’s all about money management. Find games with value and get inside information. Don’t chase and only bet what you can afford to lose.
BeavaBleeda is BF.com's resident wiseguy. He can be reached at email@example.com