- Duh! Just watch all the other college football games. Or better yet
travel up to Seattle and watch the Huskies upset the University of Zero.
It's the 100th meeting between the schools and a major trap game for the
Ducks since they have USC and ASU on the slate the next two weeks. Yep, you
heard it here first. Huskies in the upset!
- Watch the replay of the Oregon State victory over #2 Cal.
- Spend some quality time with the family. Take the kids out to one of
many festive pumpkin patches. Be careful about those hay mazes, some can
take an hour.
- Go to Las Vegas and camp out in the sportbook all weekend. If you can't
afford the airfare just head off to one of many Indian casinos in the
Northwest. Better yet just go to Vegas, and SD Beaver may even let you crash
on his couch.
- Do the honeydos. Clean the garage, do the yardwork, fix the leaky
faucet, and then take the Mrs. out to dinner. Hell, it's an idea but you can
always resort to option #1 and watch football if you are feeling lazy.
- Go scout the pee-wee football players in your local neighborhood. We
need to find talent at a young age. If we can find the prized recruits at
age 8, Beaver nation will rise.
- Troll on other Pac 10 message boards. I recommend
TheBoogLeg.com since that is our next
opponent. Start your trash talking early.
- Invite your neighbors and fellow Beaver Believers over for a barbeque.
Start breaking down the OSU vs. Stanford game and of course predict a
- Check and see if your company offers an Educational matching donation.
You can apply this to your BASF donation and it will even raise your seating
priority level points. Many big corporations offer this match and many
Beavers are not taking advantage of this.
- Attend one of Grandma's functions in one of many Portland's finest
drinking dungeons. If you don't know where they are at send me an email or
just ask your local bookie or your friend's local bookie.
- Go shopping. Head to one of the Beaver stores and load up on orange
paraphernalia. Buy a Beaver flag and hang it proudly from your home. This
will piss off all the Ducks in your neighborhood. Hell, they piss me off for
flying their flag.
- Sleep in, go out for breakfast, drink all the beer in your fridge, and
then invite your buddies over for a poker party. In between, make sure you
have college football games playing in the background.
- Visit your grandma and grandpa or any other relatives you always say you
are going to visit but always procrastinate and never do.
- Buy a copy of the Beaver media guide or read it online. Memorize every
player's number and where they are from. There will be a quiz!
- Go see a movie. I recommend any of the McMenamins theaters. They are
cheap and you can drink beer there. This is a no-brainer. NB baby!
- Go play some football.
- Go deep-sea fishing on the Oregon Coast. Or maybe clams, crabs, and
oysters (sounds like some combo-disease).
- Do nothing. But this includes watching the cult-classic movie Slacker.
- Go to Corvallis and pretend there is a college football game at Reser.
Go through your regular pre-game tailgate ritual. (Not sure if they will let
you in the stadium, but it's worth a shot).
- If not sure, please refer to #1. It's college football season for goodness sake! You have to watch college football, even if the Beavers aren't playing!
BeavaBleeda can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.