- The winning team has tallied 30 points or more in the last five meetings
and eight of the last 11.
- The average score of the last 10 match ups is Oregon 31, Oregon State 28.
The average score of the last five Civil Wars in Eugene is Oregon 36, Oregon
- Prior to last year's two point victory by OSU, the average margin of victory
in the last four games was 26.5 points.
- The Ducks have not won back to back Civil War since the 1996 and 1997 seasons.
Oregon State has not won back to back Civil Wars since 1974 and 1974 seasons.
- Oregon State's last victory in Eugene was a 15-13 victory in 1993.
The Ducks are on a five game home Civil War winning streak.
- The first Civil War between Oregon and Oregon State was played in 1894.
Oregon State won 16-0.
- Oregon holds a 55-45-10 series lead. The Beavers have a 22-25-3 record
in Eugene and a 19-26-5 record in Corvallis.
- Oregon State and Oregon did not play in 1900, 1901, 1911, 1943, and 1944.
- There have been ten ties between Oregon and Oregon State.
- The last ten games have been won by the home team.
- The most points scored by the winning team is 56 when Oregon scored
that number in 2005.
- The most points Oregon has won by is 44 points in 1895 with the score Oregon
44, Oregon State 0. The most points scored by the Ducks in the series is 56
when they crushed OSU 56-14 in 2005.
- The most points Oregon State has won by is 37 points in 1942 with the score
Oregon State 39, Oregon 2. The most points scored by the Beavers in the series
is 50 when they demolished UO 50-21 in 2004.
- Oregon and Oregon State played each other twice in 1896. Oregon won
both contests, 2-0 and 12-8.
- The Beavers dominated the annual series for several decades as the Men in
Black went 8-1-1 in the '60s, 6-3 in the 40s and 6-3-1 in the '50s.
The Ducks dominated the 1980s going 8-1-1 and in the 1990's going 7-3.
- The longest winning streak by Oregon over Oregon State is eight from 1976
- The longest winning streak by Oregon State over Oregon is eight from 1964
to 1971. The second longest is five games twice from 1949-1953 and 1941-1946.
- Oregon and Oregon State have shut each other out five times.
- Oregon has shutout Oregon State 28 times, including ties.
- Oregon State has shutout Oregon 16 times, including ties.
- From 1990-1993 the away team won the Civil War.
- The 1983 tie between Oregon and Oregon State is the last scoreless tie in
NCAA history because of the Kansas rules.
- The Civil War is the longest running rivalry on the west coast and the seventh
longest running rivalry in the nation.
- In 1983 the teams tied 0-0 in the infamous "Toilet Bowl," that left the teams with a combined six wins for the season.
Civil War quick facts
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
NFL Beavs: 2017 Schedule Five Games to WatchThe 2017 NFL schedule has officially been released, so it is time to take an early look at games where former Beavers will be matching up.
Richardson talks Oregon State VisitBeaverBlitz already caught up with top quarterback prospect Brevin White who visited Oregon State, he came up with teammate Tyler Richardson, a linebacker who really liked his…
Beavs Come From Behind, Take Series Over UCLAOregon State baseball came from behind on Sunday for a 2-1 win over UCLA.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:03 PM
Two Lead for Local Tight EndSalem (Oregon) Sprague tight end Teagan Quitoriano updates his recruitment and says two stand out this spring.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 11:21 AM
JP's Weekly Walk-Off: UCLAThe Beavers take their number one ranking to Los Angeles to take on UCLA. JP will get you ready for the weekend series.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 6:55 AM