- Dennis Weathersby broke the Oregon State pass deflections record on Saturday
against Cal when he deflected four passes and had one interception. Weathersby
currently has 51 career deflections.
- The Oregon State defense has not allowed a touchdown in the first quarter
this season. The defense is leading the Pac-10 in red-zone defense. OSU opponents
have only scored 63 percent of the time while inside the OSU 20. Oregon State
also leads the Pac-10 in scoring defense (17.5 points).
- OT Brian Kilkenny and SS Mitch Meeuwsen are probable for the Arizona game.
- Steven Jackson is second in rushing in the Pac-10 with 1,004 yards. Onterrio
Smith of the Ducks leads the Pac-10 with 1,015 yards.
- The Oregon State offense is last in the conference in third down conversions
- LB Nick Barnett leads the Pac-10 in tackles per game with 9.8.
- Head coach Dennis Erickson is 44-10-1 (.809) in November. While at OSU,
he is 7-2 (.778) in November.
- There will be a meeting in the Indoor Practice Facility at 11:00 am on Saturday
before the football game. There will be a video and a computer rendering of
the proposed plan.
Dennis Erickson, Bob De Carolis, and Paul Risser will speak at the event.
The first phase will expand Reser by 8,000 seats with construction beginning in the summer of 2004. The expansion will take at least four years and would increase Reser's capacity to 47,000. The expansion is going to cost between $180 and $200 million...Beavers kickoff 'Raising Reser' | Reser Stadium project gets underway
- As a result of the University of Arizona returning 300 tickets, Oregon State
announced Tuesday that it will put the returned tickets for the Oregon State-Arizona
football game on sale Friday morning (8:30 Am) at the OSU Athletic Ticket
Office, room 107 Gill Coliseum...OSU-Arizona
tickets on sale Friday
- That old light at the end of the tunnel is still burning after all.
Shining bright as a glare off a windshield on a sunny day after the Oregon State football team's first four games, the glow faded during three straight Pacific-10 Conference losses.
Flickering after a 17-0 loss at Southern California...Season shines anew for Beavers
- Articles from Arizona newspapers on the upcoming Wildcat/Beaver game:
Cat's defense has to gear up for Oregon St. running game | Little shame in last loss for UA | Cats need a rushin' revolution | Q&A with John Mackovic | Anemic run stats put Cats at bottom | Wildcats concentrate on running, stopping OSU | Lack of running game hurting UA | Briggs the last line of defense | OSU cornerback Weathersby aims to cut Cats off at the pass | Jackson has Arizona champing at the bit
- Articles from Oregon newspapers on the upcoming Wildcat/Beaver game:
Wildcats will be flexing their defense | Q&A with Dennis Erickson | OSU wary of struggling Wildcats | OSU football wins, but has no time to celebrate | A win more important than balance | Beavers' offense enjoys rebirth with Jackson's powerful running
- Eric Manning stands 6-foot-1, 297 pounds. He spends a good deal of time
colliding with young men of similar stature, trying to push them backward
and, ideally, knock them down.
He'd also like to be your babysitter...Eric Manning Feature
- All over America there are talented football players who must take a detour
on their way to playing Division 1-A football.
For most, that detour takes them to a junior college where they can hone their skills before moving up to the big time...Turner turns in on
- Steven Jackson grabbed the headlines and deservedly so. Oregon State's
sophomore tailback put up a performance for the ages Saturday, rushing for
239 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Beavers past California 24-13.
But the unsung heroes were members of the offensive line, beleaguered for lack of production in OSU's three previous Pacific-10 Conference games...OSU salutes beleagued offensive line
- Tailback Steven Jackson's 239-yard rushing effort behind a resurgent
offensive line in Oregon State's 24-13 victory Saturday against California
may have resurrected the Beavers' season, but it did not squelch a disconcerting
For the fifth straight game, Derek Anderson failed to complete 50 percent of his passes. He hasn't completed more than 45 percent since the third game of the season against UNLV...Beavers notebook
- Pac-10 Football Notebooks:
USAToday.com | ESPN.com | CNNSI.com | BeaverFootball.com | Cougfan.com | TheBootleg.com | DawgMan.com
- The men's basketball team held their first scrimmage last Saturday. Philip
Ricci, Jimmie Haywood and J.S. Nash all scored 20 + points while leading the
black team to a 101-48 win over the white team. First
The basketball team will be holding another scrimmage this Saturday at 10:30 before the football game. The practice is open to the public...Second Scrimmage
- Fans attending the men's basketball exhibition season opener vs. the Northwest All-Stars Mon., Nov. 4 will have an opportunity to take advantage of two special ticket promotions...Men's basketball ticket plans available
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
The X-Factor: ColoradoWhat player and position group hold the key to help the Beavers win their PAC 12 opener at Colorado? BeaverBlitz takes a look at this week's X-Factors.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 11:15 AM
2018 running back likes what he saw at OSUA number of current high school juniors from the Willamette Valley are on the Beavers radar and took in the Beavers game against Boise State last weekend.
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 9:17 AM
Behind Enemy Lines: ColoradoOregon State travels to Boulder, Colorado for their PAC 12 opener on Saturday, and as we do each week, we check in with an expert who covers the opponent in our weekly "Behind…
BeaverBlitzYesterday at 5:53 AM
CB's ready for tough Colorado testThe Oregon State secondary will have a big test this weekend as they face Colorado. Cornerback coach Cory Hall believes his corners are ready for the challenge, including senior…
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 2:55 PM
Receivers continue to be a work in progressThe Oregon State receivers continue to be a work in progress this season as the staff looks for the right combination of players to have on the field.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 1:52 PM