- On Monday, November 11, Oregon State students and faculty packaged over
12,000 Raising Reser packets. Each packet contains a CD-ROM, video, and informational
brochures on the proposed expansion of Reser. If you are a season ticket holder
you should be receiving your packet sometime this week. If you have not received
a packet and would like one fill this form.
- Derek Anderson sustained a sprained ankle late in the fourth quarter against
Washington. Backup quarterback, Adam Rothenfluh, is also injured with a sprained
thumb. Both are expected to be ready to play against Stanford. If not, freshman
Anton Clarkson, would become the Beavers starting quaterback. But Erickson
wants to redshirt Clarkson and will most likely not play him. More
- The Beavers are 0-7 in Pac-10 road games over the past two years.
- The Beaver defense finally yeiled a first quarter touchdown when the Huskies
scored late in the quarter.
- Yilinemi's second quarter extra point miss was the first in 77 attempts.
The last time a Beaver kicker had missed an extra point was the 2000 Civil
- Steven Jackson leads the Pac-10 with 1,273 yards rushing and needs 32 yards
to pass Bill Enyart and move into third place on the school single-season
- Jackson is 286 yards short of Ken Simontons school record (1,559
- The Beavers continue to lead the Pac-10 in scoring defense (18.4), total
defense (291.9), rushing defense (87.0) and pass efficiency defense. In the
past four games, OSU has limited opponents to a total of 85 yards rushing
(or 21.3 a game). ASU had 55 yards rushing, Cal 16, Arizona minus-23 and Washington
- Kirk Yliniemi, a junior, has converted nine straight field-goal attempts,
tying the OSU single-season record first set by Jim Nielsen in 1985.
- James Newson, a junior flanker with 50 receptions for 864 yards and nine
touchdowns, ranks third on the OSU career receiving list with 1,846 yards.
- OSU senior linebacker Nick Barnett continues to lead the Pac-10 in tackles
with 95 (9.5 a game).
- With 19 touchdown passes this season, Anderson is second on the single-season
list behind Jonathan Smith, who had 20 touchdown passes in 2000. Andersons
20 career touchdown passes is sixth on the school list behind Smith (55),
Erik Wilhelm (52), Steve Endicott (24), Terry Baker (23) and Gordon Queen
- Simonton, OSUs all-time leading rusher and scorer, will be serving
in the role of ambassador for the Reser Stadium expansion project.
- The Oregon State Ticket Office announced Thursday that student football
tickets for the 106th Civil War contest provided by the Northwest Dodge Dealers,
scheduled for Nov. 23 at Reser Stadium, are sold out.
- News from Oregon newspapers about the upcoming game:
Anderson should be ready for Stanford | OSU's Anderson looking for answers | Anderson, backup pratice at full speed | Beavers QB to play despite injury | Football loses, but has two games left to win | Beavers search for road success | Beavers look to end road slump
- News from California newspapers about the upcoming game:
Stanford hosts OSU in final home game | Short passing game gets Stanford nowhere | Teevens denied in quest to add a game in 2003 | Stanford Notebook
- Pac-10 Notebooks from various sources:
BeaverFootball.com | Bootleg.com | CougFan.com | DawgMan.com | USAToday
- Michael Gray has served as an assistant coach in the Canadian Football League,
in the National Football League and at Oregon State.
In his 10 years of coaching, Gray has led the British Columbia Lions to the 1994 Grey Cup and has a Fiesta Bowl ring with the Beavers.
Yet finding a head coaching position with a NCAA Division I-A program could be a struggle for Gray, simply because of the color of his skin...Facing a tough route
All-America cornerback Dennis Weathersby heads a list of four Oregon State football student-athletes earning Verizon Academic All-DistrictVIII honors on the team announced Thursday. Weathersby, a senior, was a first-team selection as was sophomore defensive end Bill Swancutt from Salem. Landing second-team honors was senior wide receiver Seth Trimmer from Corvallis and junior place kicker Kirk Yliniemi from Monmouth...Four OSU Football Players Earn Academic Honor
- EA Sports was definitely in the game. Not everybody for Oregon State could
say the same.
The result was Jay Johns first message game as the Beavers mens basketball coach.
Unhappy about the energy level from his teams bench, John used a six-man rotation and perhaps paid for it with an 85-76 exhibition loss Tuesday night to a finely tuned EA Sports all-star team in front of 2,014 at Gill Coliseum...John sends message in OSU's preseason loss | EA Sports All-Stars Hand Beavers Loss | EA All Stars down Beavers in Gill | Beavers bench drops ball | Pictures (premium)
- The worst part is the unspoken words behind the glares, a deafening silence
that wont accept any explanations or pleas.
After all, at least when those two longtime Oregon State basketball boosters approached Jimmie Haywood in a restaurant recently, accusing him of selfishness for not cutting his braids, he could respond pleasantly and attempt to airbrush a personal portrait sullied last year by clashes with his head coach...OSU's Haywood: Finally Free
- Oregon State expects to add size to its team when the weeklong early letter
of intent signing period for high school basketball players begins today.
Jeffree Williams could be the Beavers' most prominent signing. Williams, a senior at Roosevelt High School in Portland, took a two-year hiatus from high school basketball to train for a professional wrestling career...Beavers focus on basketball recruits
- The Oregon State men's basketball season opener against Idaho will be at
5 p.m. in Gill Coliseum after the Nov. 23 Civil War game. The Civil War game
will be televised by ABC at 12:30 only in Oregon. More
- Oregon State University men's basketball head coach Jay John announced the
signing of three student-athletes to national letters of intent Wednesday.
Joining the Beavers for the 2003-2004 campaign will be Jeffree Williams of
Portland, Ore., Liam (LEE-um) Hughes of Modesto, Calif., and Kyle Jeffers
of Santa Rosa, Calif...Jay
John Signs Three Prospects Wednesday
- The Oregon State basketball media guide is available online.
- The Oregon State University Department of Athletics has announced several
single game ticket specials for the 2002-2003 season.
Saturday, Jan. 4 marks a special date in the Pac-10 Conference schedule, when preseason No. 1 University of Arizona visits Corvallis. The game will feature Hall of Fame coach Lute Olson of Arizona against his former four-year assistant and first-year Beaver head coach Jay John...Men's Basketball Single Game Ticket Promotions Announce
BeaverBlitz Top Stories
Dam Podcast: The Finale1080 The Fan's Brandon Sprague and BeaverBlitz's Angie Machado team up for one last Dam Podcast of 2016. We dive into the Civil War, recruiting and your Dam Questions.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 5:06 PM
BeaverBlitz Recruiting War RoomFollow Oregon State recruiting with the latest edition of the War Room Watch List.
BeaverBlitzFriday at 10:48 AM
Pututau takes in CorvallisOregon State welcomed athlete Taniela Pututau to campus this past weekend. The busy high school senior caught up with BeaverBlitz to give them the latest on his recruitment and…
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 4:03 PM
Brent Brennan named head coach at SJSUSan Jose State University has named Oregon State wide receiver coach, Brent Brennan as their new head coach.
BeaverBlitzWednesday at 11:13 AM