Pitt QB Rod Rutherford has run for over 400 net yards this season.
- 11 - The number of touchdown passes freshman WR, Larry Fitzgerald, caught
during the regular season. who led the team with 64 catches for 917 yards
and 11 touchdowns.
- 24 - The total number of points that the Panthers lost their four games
by and their rank in the AP poll.
- 26 - Game day!
- 122 - The number of tackles LB Gerald Hayes has. This is his third year
to have three consecutive 100-tackle seasons.
- 126 - The average number of rushing yards the Panther "D" gives
up per game.
- 170 - The number of times Rod Rutherford ran the ball.
- 216 - The average number of passing yards Pitt QB, Rod Rutherford, throws
- 293 - Number of points the Panthers have scored all season.
- 412 - The number of net yards Panther QB ran for in 2002.
- 830 - number of yards the Panthers leading back, Brandon Mirre, ran for
during the regular season.
- 1995 - The last time Pitt played a Pac-10 team. They defeated Washington State, 17-13, at Pitt Stadium.
|More Statistical Tidbits
LB Gerald Hayes leds the Panther defense in tackles with 122.
- This is the third straight year that Pitt has appeared in a bowl game.
- Erickson is 4-0 against Pittsburgh.
- Pitt has a 22-22 record against Pac-10 opponents.
- The Panthers lost to no. 1 Miami 28-21.
- Pitt is 2-4 against Pac-10 teams in a bowl game.
- Pitt went 5-2 in conference play and 8-4 overall.
- 34-19 - Pittsburgh beat NC State in the Tangerine bowl 34-19 in 2001.