- Washington State won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Captains for OSU were Sean Canfield, Stephen Paea, Gregg Peat and Uani
- Oregon State wore its all white uniforms while WSU sported crimson tops
with grey pants.
- The announced attendance was 16,167
- Weather: 38 degrees, Wind: 13 mph WSW, Weather: Partly cloudy
- The game took three hours and eight minutes.
- Washington State still leads the series 47-44, including 32-17-2 in Martin
- Oregon State has now won three in a row against WSU, five of the last
six, seven of 10 and the last three of five in Pullman.
- The Beavers were a 31 point favorite.
Special teams notes:
- For the first time this year K Justin Kahut did not attempt a field
Kahut did make all six of his extra point attempts and averaged 57.7 yards per kickoff including one touchback.
- P Johnny Hekker punted just three times for a 36.3 average.
One of his punts landed inside the twenty and one resulted in a touchback. His 52-yard boot in the first half was his fourth longest punt on the season.
Hekker has placed at least one punt inside the twenty in eight consecutive games.
- R James Rodgers fielded two punts for 18 yards while returning
two kickoffs for 48 yards.
Rodgers was one tackle away on both of his kickoffs from taking it to the house.
- Oregon State had a season high 14 penalties for 109 yards. Twice
in the game the Beavers had back to back 15-yard penalties.
- With tonight's win over the Cougars, Mike Riley moves into second
place on OSU's coaching record chart with 64 career wins. He moved past
Tommy Prothro and now trails only Lon Stiner (1933-48) who had 74
- Over the last 73 games Oregon State is now 8-4 with committing the same
number of turnovers as its opponent.
- The Beavers have now won eight of their last 10 league road games.
- After leading 14-3 after the first quarter in today's game, Oregon State
has now outscored its opponents 290-88 in the first quarter over the last 51
games, including 255-64 in the last 27. The Beavers have allowed just 20
points (USC-7, Arizona-7, ASU-3, WSU-3) in the last 12 first quarters
combined. The 20 points allowed this season are the fewest in the Pac-10.
- With Oregon State scoring 42 points against WSU, it has now scored 40+
points in consecutive games for the first time since 2003 when it defeated
Arizona 52-23 and Stanford 43-3.
- The average starting position for OSU - its own 35. For WSU, its own 25.