- Oregon State won the
toss and chose to receive
- Captains for OSU were
James Dockery, Alex Linnenkohl, Gabe Miller, Stephen Paea, Dwight Roberson,
James Rodgers and Suaesi Tuimauni.
- Oregon State was the
designated home team and wore its white tops and bottoms. TCU sported its
Nike Pro Combat uniforms.
- The announced attendance
- Gametime conditions: 76 degrees | Wind: 0 mpg | Weather: calm, Cowboys Stadium roof was closed during warmups but opened shortly before the game started
- Former Beaver running back Steven Jackson was on the sidelines and gave Mike Riley a hug on the sidelines after the game
- TCU now leads the series
- TCU was a 13.5 point
- OSU is now 24-19-1 against MWC competition
- The game took three hours
and five minutes to play
- There were just 10 penalties
for 75 yards in the entire game
- TCU ran 81 plays, Oregon
- Oregon State did not
report any injuries
- Oregon State's average
field position: O27 | TCU's: T29
field goal by Kahut, the shanked punt by Hekker - at this point in their
careers that is unacceptable.
Punt and kickoff coverage were good as were the return teams.
- P Johnny Hekker
punted the ball five times for a 43.4 average. Three of his five punts landed
inside the 20.
Unfortunately he out kicked his coverage on a 35-yard punt in the second quarter that setup TCU's lead at halftime.
- On fourth and one on
its own 35 yard line Hekker hit Jordan Poyer with a 23-yard pass on a fake
punt. On the next play Katz found Bishop in the endzone for six.
- K Justin Kahut
connected on all three extra points, but missed a 47-yard field goal attempt
to the left in the first quarter.
- Kahut averaged 66.8 yards
per kickoff - almost seven yards more then his average last year.
- Dax Dilbeck
had a nice tackle on a punt return where he immediately tackled the return
man in the fourth quarter for no gain.
- KR James Rodgers averged 22.8 yards per kickoff return. He fielded two punts for 13 yards.