(PHOTO)Oregon guard Jay-R Strowbridge, right, drives toward the basket as UCLA guard Malcolm Lee defends while forward Tyrone Nared looks on during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game, Thursday, Feb. 10, 2011, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo)
The win for UCLA was its fourth in a row and eighth in nine games.
The Bruins (17-7, 8-3 Pac-10) got 10 points each from Lazeric Jones and reserve Jerime Anderson, whose 3-pointer put them ahead for good with 8:43 remaining.
Jay-R Strowbridge chipped in 14 for the Ducks, while Malcolm Armstead added 10 points, seven assists (just one turnover).
Catron's jumper tied the game for the last time at 41-all. From there, Anderson scored five in a row, then Lee scored six of UCLA's next eight points to put the Bruins ahead 54-46.
- Joevan Catron has led UO in scoring in the last five games (15 times this season). Catron reached double figures in scoring for the fifth consecutive game (18th time this season, 43rd time of his career).
- Malcolm Armstead (three steals) now ranks eighth for career steals at Oregon (116 in 55 games). He moved by Terrell Brandon who finished his two-year career with 114 steals in 57 games.
- Armstead scored in double figures for the eighth time this season. Over the last five games, Armstead is averaging 10.4 points and 5.0 assists per game. He's maintained a 2.5 assist to turnover ratio (25-10) during that stretch.
- Jay-R Strowbridge reached double figures in scoring for the ninth time this season (fifth time in the last six games).
- Oregon had fewer turnovers than its opponent (UO: 11, UCLA: 13) for the fifth straight game (eighth time in the last nine outings).
Ducks Fall to Bruins
eDuck Top Stories
Oregon OC Matt Lubick on WednesdayThe Oregon Ducks (2-5, 0-4) will play the Arizona State Sun Devils (5-3, 2-3) on Saturday at Autzen Stadium in a game that will kickoff at 2:00 p.m. On Wednesday Oregon offensive…
eDuckYesterday at 2:19 PM
Scout Picks Ducks to Win ConferenceCalling Dillon Brooks the "best player in the conference," Scout.com picks Oregon the win the Pac-12 Conference Men's Basketball race this season.
Scout CBKYesterday at 2:06 PM
Know Your Foe: Arizona StateWe asked Chris Karpman of Sun Devil Source, Scout.com's ASU site, five questions about the Sun Devils as the Oregon-ASU game nears on Saturday, Oct. 29.
eDuckYesterday at 2:03 PM
Oregon OL Cam Hunt on Oct 25Oregon will take on Arizona State on Saturday at Autzen Stadium starting at 2 p.m. Pacific. On Tuesday, Oregon OL Cam Hunt spoke to media following practice.
eDuckTuesday at 4:10 PM