Creighton's Doug McDermott was the leading scorer of the with 21 points as the Blue Jays shot 54.9 percent on 28-of-51 shooting including nine 3-pointers. Oregon meanwhile shot at 45.3 percent and hit 10 beyond the 3-point line.
Joevan Catron led Oregon (19-18) with 15 points and nine rebounds. Garrett Sim and Jay-R Strowbridge had 14 points apiece and Johnathan Loyd and E.J. Singler 10 apiece for the Ducks.
Game 2 is Wednesday in Eugene, Ore.
- Singler registered his third double-double of the season. He also added to his double figures scoring streak, having reached 10 or more points in the last seven games.
- Malcolm Armstead has 146 steals in 68 games which ranks him No. 6 all-time in career steals at UO. Armstead is just one steal shy of matching No. 5 Anthony Taylor who had 147 steals in 115 games from 1984-88.
- Armstead, who has 81 steals in 36 games this season, added to his own single-season school record which he originally set last season.
- Armstead also has 158 assists in 2010-11 which ranks eighth all-time in school history for a single season. Armstead is 10th all-time for career assists (296, 4.3 apg).
- Garrett Sim has made at least one 3-pointer in 21 of UO's last 24 games. He went 3-of-5 on 3-pointers in the loss to Creighton.
- The Ducks added to their school record for steals in a season, now with 302 (8.2 spg) in 37 games on the year. The previous mark for a single-season was held by the 2002-03 team which had 263 (7.9 spg) in 33 games.
- Oregon dropped to 4-17 on the year when the opponent shoots for a better percentage. UO is now 6-14 on the season when out-rebounded, and 4-14 this season when trailing at the half.
- Wednesday's CBI game against Creighton will match the latest in the year Oregon has ever played a basketball game (matching March 30, 2004 – NIT Semifinals vs. Michigan at Madison Square Garden).
Ducks fight hard but lose Game 1
eDuck Top Stories
Justin Herbert Cal Post GameFollowing Oregon's 51-48 loss to California in double-overtime, quarterback Justin Herbert answers questions about the last play of the game. Herbert had a breakout game against…
Break Out Performance Not Quite EnoughBERKELEY, CALIF. – Freshman Justin Herbert threw for 258 yards and six touchdowns, but it was his last attempt that sealed Oregon’s fate when Cal linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk…
Ducks Struggling Trailing 31-14BERKELEY, CALIF. – The Oregon Ducks hoped having two weeks off would give them some chance at breaking a four-game win streak but at the half, it is business as usual for an inept…
eDuckYesterday at 9:23 PM
Matt Lubick on WednesdayOregon offensive coordinator Matt Lubick answers media questions about the offense and the run game as Oregon prepares for California on Friday. Kickoff for the game is 7:30 p.m.…
eDuckWednesday at 2:14 PM