Garrett Sim hit for 25 points on 10-for-14 shooting including 4-of-7 in 3-pointers. Devoe Joseph and Olu Ashaolu contributed 16 points each. Ashaolu was particularly tough pulling down eight rebounds. E.J. Singler hit for 13 points with an assortment of jump shots and driving to the basket.
Oregon improves to 20-8 for the season and 11-5 in the conference.
Ahmad Starks had 18 points and Angus Brandt 16 for the Beavers (15-13, 5-11).
The Ducks held a slim 33-32 lead at the half when Ashaolu made a turnaround jumper near the top of the key. In the second half Oregon extended its lead by 10 but Oregon State battled back and in the final second of the game reduced the Oregon lead to one but could on a Jared Cunningham follow up dunk shot. However, with just over one second left in the game Singler made a smart play by throwing the inbound play down court to a breaking Carlos Emory and the Beavers were unable to reach Emory in time to foul allowing the game to end.
- Oregon has reached 20 wins for the second straight season. It marked just the third time in school history UO has produced consecutive seasons of 20+ wins.
- The Ducks improved to 15-5 this year when holding a halftime lead (led 33-32) … the Ducks are now 6-3 in road Pac-12 games.
- Garrett Sim established new season-highs for points (25), field goals made (10) and field goals attempted (14). Sim reached the 1,000-point mark in the win over OSU. He now with 1,001 career points in 130 games.
- Tony Woods (one block) set a new single-season school record for blocks (now with 43 this season). The previous mark was 42 held by Blair Rasmussen set in the 1986-86 season.
- Olu Ashaolu (16 points) reached double-figures in scoring for the 10th time this season. It was the fourth time in six games that Ashaolu scored in double figures.
- Devoe Joseph scored 12 of his 16 points in the second half. It's the 14th straight game Joseph has scored in double figures (and the 21st time in 22 games this season).
- The Ducks were limited to just two made field goals during an eight-minute stretch in the first half (12:35 - 4:35).
Ducks Over Beavers 74-73
eDuck Top Stories
Taggart Says to “Buckle Up” Part IIIIn the final segment of Willie Taggart's first press conference at Oregon, the new head coach answers more media questions.
Taggart Says to “Buckle Up” Part IIIn part II of Willie Taggart's first media conference at Oregon, the coach began taking questions for the media.
Taggart Says to “Buckle Up” Part IIn the first part of a three part series, watching and listening to Oregon Head Coach Willie Taggart, one comes away with the impression that there is going be a major injection of…
Ink Barely Dry Taggart Makes First OfferWillie Taggart was hired by Rob Mullens, Oregon Athletic Director on Tuesday night by Wednesday afternoon, Taggart had extended an offer to 4-star DE Zachary Carter. The news came…
eDuckYesterday at 2:55 PM