(PHOTO) Oregon Ducks running back Kenjon Barner (24) before playing against the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles at Autzen Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Scott Olmos-US PRESSWIRE
* Marcus Mariota became the first freshman quarterback in Oregon history to throw for 300 yards (308) in a game.
* For the third straight season, Oregon had a true freshman rush for 100-plus yards as Byron Marshall went for 125 on 13 carries. Marshall is the third different Duck to surpass 100 rushing yards this season.
* SO RB De'Anthony Thomas had a game-high 222 all-purpose yards - all in the first half - on 10 touches, including two touchdowns.
* SR RB Kenjon Barner tied former Oregon great Jonathan Stewart for fourth on UO's all-time touchdown list with the 33rd of his career on a 1-yard run in the first quarter.
* Barner and Thomas have each scored at least one touchdown in four straight games.
* SO CB Dior Mathis had his first career interception, while SO WR Keanon Lowe scored his first career touchdown.
* Thirty-four Oregon players had at least one tackle in the game, while no player had more than five.
* On the same offensive series in the fourth quarter, Oregon had two players from Alaska on the field at the same time: JR WR Dane Ebanez (North Pole) and JR RB Bill Chimphalee (Kenai).
* Tennessee Tech punter Chad Zinchini tied the Autzen Stadium record, becoming the fourth player with 12 punts in the game.
* The Ducks scored 60 or more points for the fifth time since 2010 under fourth-year head coach Chip Kelly.
* Kelly improved to 23-0 in Weeks 2 through 8.
Both Golden Eagles' touchdowns came after Oregon turnovers.
Notes from the Press Box
eDuck Top Stories
Ink Barely Dry Taggart Makes First OfferWillie Taggart was hired by Rob Mullens, Oregon Athletic Director on Tuesday night by Wednesday afternoon, Taggart had extended an offer to 4-star DE Zachary Carter. The news came…
Official: Oregon Names Taggart Head CoachEUGENE, Ore. — Willie Taggart, one of college coaching’s brightest offensive minds and a proven winner, will be introduced as Oregon’s next head football coach at a press…
Meeting Willie TaggartThe Associated Press is reporting that Oregon’s new head coach is Willie Taggart. The Duck headman is 40-years old and has been a the head coach for South Florida for the lastt…
Why Willie Taggart is right for OregonOregon hires Willie Taggart from South Florida to be its new head coach. See why he's the right man for the job as we break down his tenure with the Bulls by the numbers.