"The two biggest offers I have are TCU and Oregon," Campbell said. "They are definitely at the top right now."
Campbell indicated that he has a strong bond with his position coach at both TCU and Oregon.
"I feel I have a strong connection with both coaches because I talk to them so much," Campbell said. "I talk to them on Twitter all the time and talk to them on the phone so we have a good relationship."
Campbell picked up the Oregon offer last week from secondary coach John Neal prior to his spring game. His interest in the program goes back further than the current recruiting cycle.
"My freshman year I was really interested in Oregon," Campbell said. "Oregon and LSU were probably my two favorite teams. Sophomore year I started liking Texas a lot more, ended up committing and all that stuff."
Now de-committed, Campbell talked about how his friend and fellow Texan, 2014 Oregon defensive back commit Arrion Springs, had a hand in him landing the offer.
"I kind of told Arrion to tell Coach [Neal] that I was interested and that I like Oregon," Campbell said. "He ended up talking to Coach Neal, we ended up coming into contact and I got him to come down here to talk to me and he extended the offer to me."
Even though Neal couldn't stick around to watch him during the spring game, he had seen enough on tape to know that Campbell can be a difference maker on the field.
"He wants someone who can ball and make plays," Campbell said. "He said that's one of the reasons that he liked me so much because he liked the way I was on the field."
Although he's still awaiting to see who else could come into the picture, Campbell is starting to plan out his summer. If things stay the way they are now, he could visit Oregon and TCU over the summer with a decision coming shortly thereafter.
"That'd make everything easier because I could make my decision of where I wanted to go before the season," Campbell said. "If we don't get to go up in July, I'll probably end up taking my officials. If TCU and Oregon are just my biggest offers by then, I'll definitely take those two officials and then make my decision after that."