Old Pacific Coast Conference rivals Oregon and Montana meet for just the third time this century when the Grizzlies visit Matthew Knight Arena on Tuesday at 7 p.m. (Pac-12 Networks).
1. Oregon has held nine straight opponents under 70 points, and has held the opposition below 40 percent shooting from the fi eld in seven-of-10 games so far in 2016-17. Th e Ducks rank 16th nationally in field goal percentage defense (.370). Army, with 77 in the season opener, is the only team to reach 70 points against the Ducks so far this season.
2. SEC wins. For the first time in program history, the Ducks have defeated two teams from the Southeastern Conference - Tennessee and Alabama - in the same season.
3. Th e Ducks lead the nation at 8.8 blocks per game, and also lead the nation in total blocks with 88. Individually, Chris Boucher is 12th nationally in blocks per game (3.0), with Jordan Bell 25th (2.6 bpg).
4. Th e top two career blocked shots leaders in Oregon history are on the Ducks’ 2016-17 roster. Junior Jordan Bell became UO’s all-time leader in just his 50th career game and now shows 173. Nov. 21 against Georgetown, Chris Boucher passed Blair Rasmussen (116/1981-85) for second on the UO career list and now shows 140.
5. Dating back to last season, Oregon has been ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 for 14 consecutive weeks. Th at is the third-longest streak in school history ehind 21 weeks over the 2006-07 and 2007-08 season and 18 weeks in the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.
+1 With the UO women’s team moving into this week’s A.P Poll at No. 25, both Duck basketball teams are ranked for the fi rst time since Jan. 30, 1995.
Want to share the game experience with other Duck fans? eDuck.com will post a game thread on Duck Hoops, and post a game story by Garrett Hill following the game. There will also be post game video induded in the coverage.
For users unable to following the game on television the game will be aired on the Sirius/XM ch. 81, plus will also be carried on the Oregon IMG Network with Jerry Alen. On line the game is available through the Pac-12 Website, Goducks.com and tunin.com.