Big Wednesday

Linebacker Jordan Campbell (5-11, 225, 4.7), from Norco High School (Calif.), said he favors Oregon big over USC. Both have offered. "Oregon has 80 percent of my decision right now and USC has the other 20 percent," Campbell said.

Jordan Campbell Profile "I was going to commit to Oregon last week, but I didn't. I had planned to wait until after the season, but my parents wanted me to commit before the season—which starts September 1—so that I can relax and focus on my senior year. But I kept thinking about it, and I still want to go to USC. The big issue is that USC is log-jammed with linebackers, so they are only recruiting me as a fullback," he said.

"Oregon wants me as a linebacker, and they will be losing a few linebackers by my freshman year, so I would have a chance to play early. It's a good Pac-10 school with a good program. I have no problem playing for Oregon," Campbell said.

"I'm going to visit USC this Wednesday (August 9) to watch a practice and talk to the coaches. I'm going to try to find out if there is any possibility at all for me to play as a linebacker there—even if it means I have to redshirt, or play fullback at first and switch to my position later. After all the camps I've been to and set my mind to goals and accomplished them, I have no doubt in my mind that I could go in and earn a spot. I wouldn't mind playing next to Chris Galippo ('s No.1 rated linebacker from Servite High School who is committed to USC). I just want to play what I've been trained. Even though USC throws the ball a lot to their fullback, I love defense because I love being a part of every play and hitting people.

"USC is my dream school, and if they will let me play my position, I will commit there. But if they don't, I'll most likely commit to Oregon. I'll know more about when and where I will commit after I've visited USC on Wednesday," he said.

Campbell reports a 2.7 core GPA and denies having yet received his June SAT, but said he intends to retake it anyway.

eDuck Top Stories