Editor's note, Every week Ron will offer his list of teams that may not have the brightest future on the horizen.
10) Baylor- Who loses to Cal 70-22 ?
9) Fresno State- The bulldogs block a last second field goal attempt by San Diego State and win at home ? Oregon and Oregon State are drooling at the thought of playing Fresno State this season.
8) Nebraska- Struggled against Arizona State... and then struggled against Troy State... I see a pattern developing.
7) Northwestern- Gave up 474 yards rushing to Air Force in a 51-3 loss. The Falcons were so dominating they didn't even score in the third quarter.
6) Tulsa- Now has nation's longest losing streak at 11 games.
5) Louisiana-Lafayette- 10 turnovers in one game... next to impossible.
4) UNLV- Game against Wisconsin called in the fourth quarter because of a power outage. Have they ever heard of generators in Nevada ? How come these power outages never happen when I'm at one of the casinos in Vegas ?
3) Colorado- Gary Barnett is 3-8 in season openers. Something tells me his off season workout program isn't working.
2) East Carolina- Lost to Duke. The Blue Devils snap nation's longest losing streak at 23 games.
1) Wyoming- Played a "home" game against Tennessee in Nashville. How you ask ? The Nashville Sports Council gave Wyoming 2.35 million dollars to play the game in Nashville. Wyoming lost 47-7... took the money... said thanks... goodbye... and were on their way back to Laramie.
Ron Pivo is a Sports Reporter and Anchor for KGW Northwest NewsChannel 8, in Portland and can be seen weekdays. Ron's prior experience includes working as a sports reporter and anchor at KMTR-TV(NBC) in Eugene, as Sports Director at KOBI-TV(NBC) in Medford and as Sports Director at KPIC-TV(CBS) in Roseburg. A native of Encino, California, Pivo graduated from California State University-Northridge with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Minor in Sociology. Ron and his wife Joanna have one cat, named Winston. In his spare time, Ron enjoys golfing, listening to music and spending quality time with his family.