Pivo's Bottom-10 Things About College Football Players
9) Fresno State - Were we really talking BCS Bowl for the Bulldogs one year ago?
8) Florida-Atlantic - Averaging 1.1 yards per rush... worst in the country....I trip over my shoelaces and get 2 yards.
7) Duke - Don't worry...it's almost basketball season.
6) Joe Paterno - Every time I see Paterno he's yelling at someone. Apparently auditioning for Grumpy Old Men III.
5) Washington 4-4 record...and these are Neuheisel's guys.
4) Buffalo - Not exactly sure why the Bulls field a team.
3) St. Francis (PA) - Not an offensive juggernaut... getting a little more than 200 yards in total offense a game... heck... USC got 274 in the third quarter against the Ducks.
2) Louisiana-Lafayette - Perhaps the best nickname in the country...the Ragin' Cajuns - but a bad football team
1) The Ducks New Mascot - What happened to warm and fuzzy...this thing looks like the creature from the black lagoon...Dusty Baker's kid wasn't crying Sunday Night because his dad's team lost the World Series...it was because he was in the locker room and saw some video of the Ducks new mascot.
Ron Pivo is a Sports Reporter and Anchor for KGW Northwest NewsChannel 8, in Portland and can be seen weekdays. Ron's prior experience includes working as a sports reporter and anchor at KMTR-TV(NBC) in Eugene, as Sports Director at KOBI-TV(NBC) in Medford and as Sports Director at KPIC-TV(CBS) in Roseburg.
A native of Encino, California, Pivo graduated from California State University-Northridge with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Broadcast Journalism and a Minor in Sociology. Ron and his wife Joanna have one cat, named Winston. In his spare time, Ron enjoys golfing, listening to music and spending quality time with his family.
Ron is happy to hear from readers, whether you agree or disagree. Click on Pivo and tell Ron what you think.